I have apparently done something wrong with my robots.txt, cause when I add it to the root of my WP install, the site completely vanishes off Google search results.
That’s what my robots.txt looks like:
I need to basically just disable people to find certain subpages for cooperations from being found in Google because the people that get the link via email get stuff exclusively.
Any help is appreciated a lot!
(btw before you’re wondering: I did not buy any themes with this account so no arr arr going on here, I am the freshface and ThemeSector support staff, just registered me this new nickname some days ago)
Cheers and thanks,
Thanks I will check that out,
in addition I still would like to know what in my robots could have caused the site to be removed from Google. If somebody has a clue, please be so kind as to let me know.
Thanks, cheers and happy monday
Edit: I just registered for the Google Webmaster and apparently it does not work. The section that’s called “blocked URLs” talks about the robot.txt and has some textfields, but it says “changes made here won’t be saved” – it seems to be just a testing tool.