715 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

I’ve been searching for a way to implement righ tclick and mouse wheel events (clicking the wheel and differentiating rolling the wheel up from down) in AS3 , but all I get is forums saying it’s been disabled…

Anyone knows how to get past this to work?

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Looks like you have nothing to do today on our holiday (: The right click is easy you have deferential method doing so for example Use the

import flash.net.URLRequest

import flash.ui

Define your Var with the = new ContextMenu

Add your listener on MENU_ITEM_SELECT

Define your “hideBuiltInItems”

Make a function to some link or movie clip and there you have right click menu .

Make sure to disable your menu on the HTML

Regarding the clicking the wheel you are referring rolling up and down on muse wheel flash?

If so the best way is to defend area scrolled first from scratch code give it parameters also you can use Swfobjwheell there is a lot of method doing so I don’t understand exactly what you mean

715 posts
+7 more
majd_abdul says

Well, you answered my post, this means you’re not out partying either :)

Thanks for the tip on the context menu. It really opens alot of options, I’m going to try it now.

Regarding the mousewheel, it’s used extensively in PC gaming (ex.: 1st person shooters use the mouse wheel scroll to switch weapons quickly). It is also used in strategy games. It was weird for me to see they haven’t put it as a standard feature in AS3 .

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Partying? Well tanks to Adobe and the CS4 I am almost 10 days didn’t go out of my work room; I am getting to old for all this crap upgrades learning to be on top of my game. I saw your bird animation I think CS4 will make your animators life very easy.

Still let me know how the right click is going on, if not let me know ill send you example.

691 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
geoken says

To differentiate whether the wheel is spinning up or down you just need to look at the ‘delta’ property. It will either be a positive or negative number depending which direction the wheel is scrolling.

715 posts
+7 more
majd_abdul says

Hi, I wanted to thank you Tsafi and Geoken foryour help.

It took me a while to make this ( I’m a slowpoke ), but I finished my AS3 item. I call it S.O.M.E. navigation :)

I sent you the links via PM. My implementation of it would be as an Inventory for games (good for RPGs), but it could be used for other things.

to use it roll the mouse wheel, then you can move through the menu and click on items. If you want to disable click “Disable S.O.M.E. navigation” in the context menu. You’ll find in the links an example of how this could be used to navigate the Envato network of sites (If only it was made in flash…).

Thanks again guys, I learn alot from you :)

691 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
geoken says

Glad I could help.

by
by
by
by