16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
SunSensitive says

My track has been approved for sale, but reviewer put it into another category. Have you ever happened to this? I wanted this track was in the “motivational” category, but reviewer put it into a “children’s” category.

Here it is: http://audiojungle.net/item/happy-world/2561756 It is really for children? I thought that it’s just a happy motivational music.

Can I ask the reviewer to change the category, or it’s a final decision?

richspeller_music
richspeller_music Recent Posts
Threads Started
131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
richspeller_music says

Nice, I like it. Great trumpet solo. I would agree with the reveiwer though, it is spacious which usually lends itself to the Children’s category, there is a fine line between the two categories. I have found when going out to intentionally write motivational music it actually sound a little too plinky plonkey (a technical term) so I stuck it in the children’s section. I cannot really explain further, I only just woke up :-) it is not a bad category to be in anyway, less competion! I see someone has already bought it and they may not have found it otherwise!!!!

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
SunSensitive says

Thanks a lot, Richard! It looks like you’re right. Somewhere on this site, I saw the track of one of the top authors, which is in the “children’s” category but it sounds and sold well as a “motivational”. Maybe it’s time to create a new category on this site – “Plinky plonkey” LOL ))) Cool term )))

201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
TJMusic says
I wanted this track was in the “motivational” category, but reviewer put it into a “children’s” category.

Exactly the same thing happened to me with my very first file uploaded to AJ:

http://audiojungle.net/item/overoptimistic/232081

Back then, I didn’t understand properly what Motivational genre really is, and if I submitted this file now, I would probably choose Electronic category for it. I wondered why it was actually placed in Children’s, but there is a sound in my track with a bit squeeky sounding portamento, so it might sound a bit funny, making the point to treat it as Children’s.

Your track is very nice and high quality, but in my opinion it matches exactly the style of the best tracks in Children’s category. In particular, take a look at some PinkZebra’s Children’s tracks – yours sounds much like these.

I know the most sales come from Motivational category, but category change sometimes happen, and you don’t get much sales without your own promotion anyway, so you can advertise this track in your own media as Motivational as well. Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by