894 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

It is quite funny to see new responsive themes and templates are released everyday, but the network itself remains the same. Actually I’m talking about the Tuts-Network and the Appstorm-Sites which could already need a responsive layout since it simply hurts reading an article on a smartphone. I understand that a responsive layout for the marketplaces won’t be useful at all (except for tablets maybe) but the Tuts-Network and the Appstorm-Sites could really need it.

So my question is: Are there any plans about when these sites will be ready for smartphones?

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Australia Interviewed on an Envato blog Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Thanks for your feedback infuse01, it’s great to hear your opinions on how we can improve and make your experience better. :)

639 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Crakken says

It’s even funnier to see a website talking about responsiveness, even teaching you how to create responsive websites while they aren’t :D

14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in Netherlands
tomdekok says

I really have to agree to this. Even though it probably is a huge job, at least Themeforest of all marketplaces should be responsive now.

The first time I wanted to browse themes on my iPhone I really expected a responsive design. It isn’t and it took al lot of pinching to manoeuvre my way through. It would be nice to have it :)

Thanks! Tom

115 posts WordPress Wizard
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
CODE9RS says

Hi.

A nice “plus” to the website, but the marketplace still has toooo many improvements that are more important like:

- remove or really improve the rating system - Allow more than one item of the same author in homepage

These are just a example :)

Cheers, Rafael Angeline

316 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SuggeElson says

I visit site form my iphone every day so responsive is a good think ;)

1504 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Australia Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Can I say … I agree!!! :-S

It’s pretty embarassing to be running Mobiletuts+ and iPhone.AppStorm, not to mention Webdesigntuts+, ThemeForest, Nettuts+, etc, and not be responsive!

We moved RockablePress and Creattica to new responsive designs earlier this year, and Tuts+ is due next. The Marketplaces is one that we haven’t properly looked at because there are so many other priorities here plus mobile buying of items is a smaller use case. But a mobile strategy for the marketplaces should definitely be on the cards. We’ll have to get rid of those darn .flv footage preview files (argh!)

2350 posts Small, but tough
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

It’s pretty embarassing to be running Mobiletuts+ and iPhone.AppStorm, not to mention Webdesigntuts+, ThemeForest, Nettuts+, etc, and not be responsive!

We moved RockablePress and Creattica to new responsive designs earlier this year, and Tuts+ is due next. The Marketplaces is one that we haven’t properly looked at because there are so many other priorities here plus mobile buying of items is a smaller use case. But a mobile strategy for the marketplaces should definitely be on the cards. We’ll have to get rid of those darn .flv footage preview files (argh!)

Please do :) I often want to watch videohive projects via my iPhone, but that’s not possible. I think mpeg4 would be fine. Just a thought.

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

When on my phone, I always read Tuts+ in the Reader. But since the Reader isn’t available on any phone, I do have to agree – Tuts+ needs to cater more for mobile users.

The marketplace – I don’t know about this, I wouldn’t buy an item just by looking at it on my phone. Maybe graphic/video stuff, but anything that involves code, I need to see that source :D

1815 posts Videohive author & moderator
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+11 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

Please do :) I often want to watch videohive projects via my iPhone, but that’s not possible. I think mpeg4 would be fine. Just a thought.

+1 to mpeg4 :)

by
by
by
by
by
by