548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

Not complaining, this is an easy question to ask before purchase but…

The more experience I get customizing themes, the more I realize what a critical feature this is for any theme. I’d say the majority of the themes I’ve purchased don’t include a way to easily modify the size (usually bigger as we can probably agree most demo logos are too small).

Cheers to the authors who take this into consideration when designing their themes :)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Are you saying that themes should handle bigger logos so the layout wont break.

Or a tool for increasing/descreasing the size of a logo? To me thats sounds silly because if you have logo you will define the size when creating it in graphics software.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I’d say the majority of the themes I’ve purchased don’t include a way to easily modify the size (usually bigger as we can probably agree most demo logos are too small).

Sorry but can’t this easily be handled in the CSS or header.php of the theme (depending on where the logo dimensions are being set)? Both of which are accessible from the Wordpress admin area if necessary (no need for FTP access).

I also get a little irked by customers thinking that the bigger a logo is the better (I absolutely don’t agree that the demo logos are too small, btw) but maybe that’s just me bristling after dealing with too many CFH situations. ;)

548 posts
tonvie says

I know it’s not always possible with all designs to make the logo bigger without breaking it.

But for those that can be bigger, I’d like to see options in the theme admin to resize the logo like some authors have included.

548 posts
tonvie says

I’d say the majority of the themes I’ve purchased don’t include a way to easily modify the size (usually bigger as we can probably agree most demo logos are too small).

Sorry but can’t this easily be handled in the CSS or header.php of the theme (depending on where the logo dimensions are being set)? Both of which are accessible from the Wordpress admin area if necessary (no need for FTP access).

I also get a little irked by customers thinking that the bigger a logo is the better (I absolutely don’t agree that the demo logos are too small, btw) but maybe that’s just be bristling after dealing with too many CFH situations. ;)

Sure, it can sometimes be handled easily in CSS but other times it takes resizing other containers, navigation, redoing backgrounds in Photoshop etc.

I know, I know…it’s a 35 dollar theme.

I just appreciate the extra time guys like Parallelus, Orkun, and others who have made options in the admin panel to resize the logo. That’s all.

815 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says
1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

http://www.makemylogobiggercream.com/

Brilliant! :D I love the “Whitespace Eliminator”.

75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
onlycode says

http://www.makemylogobiggercream.com/
Brilliant! :D I love the “Whitespace Eliminator”.

+1

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
bogdanspn says

i wonder why clients think if you put a huge logo there it will make any big impression on someone :), and its usualy an b*tt ugly logo too.

229 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Pressateers says

Tonvie, could you please contact me via my profile? I’d like you to be a beta tester for my themes. Thank you.

by
by
by
by
by
by