2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
1337spambbq says

Hello,

I’d like to know what are the steps for me to resell templates from here to clients, with hosting and other stuff as a complete package. Does anyone work with that here and could give me some advices about prices, client supporting, and other usefull info?

Thanks

592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

You have to buy a license for each client you sell your template. Or you can buy an extended license if the file has one

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

It goes like this.
1.) You buy a template, for yourself or for a client.
2.) You customize it
3.)The client pays you for the work after you finish, (its best to get half the price up front and half after its done)
4.) Measure the profit margin.
5.)Spend some of your profits on these marketplaces to provide your services to future clients. :)

As long as you or the client provides a domain to host yours or their websites, then its all good. But domains cost money and if you have multiple clients, those services could get expensive. So have them pay for the hosting services also, along with the template customization. You could even throw in maintenance fees.

Cool no?

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
1337spambbq says

What if i don’t want to spend much time on maintenance, should I avoid using templates without CMS , to make it easier for the client or stuff like that? Or should I take responsibility even for the easy management sites?

I know I can probably negotiate this, but maybe someone who is used to such thing can tell me what clients usually expect…

1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
campolar says
What if i don’t want to spend much time on maintenance, should I avoid using templates without CMS , to make it easier for the client or stuff like that? Or should I take responsibility even for the easy management sites? I know I can probably negotiate this, but maybe someone who is used to such thing can tell me what clients usually expect…

Having your template integrated with a simple cms (like CMSmadesimple.org, idk if it uses smarty, but any CMS which uses smarty should be easy to integrate with) so they can easily manage the content…

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Send me a message through my profile and I’ll give you all the advice you need. I’m on a market where I work with clients with different budgets and since I got a lot, and most of them with medium budgets, I use templates from here with a customization. Pretty good business. I like campolar advice too. You should be open to different options; in this business given options to clients is important.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
You have to buy a license for each client you sell your template. Or you can buy an extended license if the file has one

This is in fact quite an overlooked fact when reselling templates. Don’t forget it, don’t cheat the system. ;)

1182 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
campolar says
This is in fact quite an overlooked fact when reselling templates. Don’t forget it, don’t cheat the system. ;)

Or you could tell the client to buy a license himself and then work on the customization

(u could use ur ref link, u’ll earn extra that way :P )

3110 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

This is a bit about what we do when customers want to use a ThemeForest template:

http://blueteddy.com.au/website-design-services/special_offer_websites_under_1000.html

In the process of automating the entire customer signup & payment process, as well as backend Wordpress theme purchase / hosting setup / theme deployment.

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
This is a bit about what we do when customers want to use a ThemeForest template:

http://blueteddy.com.au/website-design-services/special_offer_websites_under_1000.html

In the process of automating the entire customer signup & payment process, as well as backend Wordpress theme purchase / hosting setup / theme deployment.

I love it!! Very kewl… thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by