165 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
AlexanderRufire says

Hi! I have a question.. Am I able to upload 3-4 variations of one track in one file? And, what if variations are too diffirent? For example, I’ve got nice theme, melody, and I’ve made some full tracks with it in diffirent genres: breakbeat version, rock version, orcestral, dance, etc. And I can use various instruments and tones within one theme. That is good for buyers, because each genre feels so uniquely, each variation may be dedicated for one or another types of purposes. So, much more chances to sale, friendly for buyer, and more interesting to make it:) One theme, but much diffirent arrangement and, totally, diffirent tracks with about 5-10% similarity. Should I upload it all in one cuz of one theme? Or I should upload it separately as diffirent? How to interpret the “remix and variation” in that case? Many thanks!

150 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
JamesonGerdon says

If they are complete different genre I would upload then seperatly. If you are just making little variations to the track, upload them together. That’s what I would do!

2124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

If they are complete different genre I would upload then seperatly. If you are just making little variations to the track, upload them together. That’s what I would do!

That’s the way to do, but with one “catch”: if nothing changed since the last time it was spoken about this, I believe that you’re allowed to upload only TWO versions of the same theme as different items. And that’s only if they’re drastically different (for example techno and rock version).

But it’s better to wait for somebody from the staff for more official explanation ;)

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

That’s the way to do, but with one “catch”: if nothing changed since the last time it was spoken about this, I believe that you’re allowed to upload only TWO versions of the same theme as different items. And that’s only if they’re drastically different (for example techno and rock version).

But it’s better to wait for somebody from the staff for more official explanation ;)

That’s right, you can upload one remix version, if it’s the same theme, arranged significantly differently. Otherwise, if you have more variations, then they should be bundled, up to 5 in the zip. They all need to be heard on the preview.mp3, one after the other, and they need to be listed in the description, with their respective lengths.

by
by
by
by
by
by