2215 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

I highly recommend reading his biography, very interesting. And please stop crediting Steve for the Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish quote, it’s not his.
I know it’s not his but that’s the closing comments and what he wants you to take away from that speech so I think it’s fine to “title” the video as that… anyone who watches will understand it’s not his quote.

Exactly.

With sayings or quotes like that, a major part of the value is from context. It was used quite well on the Whole Earth catalog, and was used very strongly by Steve at the end of the Stanford address. It’s much more about the message and context than the words an sich.

I get that, which is why I wasn’t pointing fingers. However, there are too many who misunderstand that quote, attributing it to Jobs as some sort of “unique super-awesome quote invented by the late Steve”.

338 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
johnny625 says

RIP Steve.

You was a truly great man. :)

599 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

Steve is a real legend to the world for ever…We miss you steve..

129 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Located in Europe
bobural says

Probably everyone will trow rocks my way but… Steve was just a very successful business man… nothing more.

Yeah he gave us some grate toys but how many of you know the suicides in the factories where those toys are build? or the fact that he never gave or funded any charity institutions or research institutions… or at least that what I know…

Don’t get me wrong… I respect the dead as I have my own and you probably yours… but … I always say… use your head and question everything…

Thank you!

915 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says

Isn’t he the guy who screwed Wosniak out of money from Atari or something?
If Wozzzz(it’s a z)niak doesn’t hold a grudge, why should you?

I don’t. I was just being facetious.

8229 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Probably everyone will trow rocks my way but… Steve was just a very successful business man… nothing more.

Yeah he gave us some grate toys but how many of you know the suicides in the factories where those toys are build? or the fact that he never gave or funded any charity institutions or research institutions… or at least that what I know…

Don’t get me wrong… I respect the dead as I have my own and you probably yours… but … I always say… use your head and question everything…

Thank you!

I agree that considering his wealth it was perhaps a little “selfish” that he wasn’t signed up to the billionaires giving half their money to charity groups etc but there was a vast sum of money given by an anom donor to the hospital shortly after they cured his cancer the first time around… that was likely Steve.

by
by
by
by
by
by