222 posts What dreams may come...
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
VideoMagus says

;) Hi all… IMHO would be useful to collect all kinds of the rejection reasons from all the Envato marketplaces… That will help others to get well accepted… Please cite only main short lines of the reviewer’s statement… Don’t be repetitive… And please don’t put the reviewer’s name, while here is nothing personal, nor to complain and discuss, even if it may be fairly disputable in many cases… I should underline my very helpful experience – Since 2007 I got more than 350 approvals at 3 marketplaces (AD, VH, GR) but a dozen of my files were rejected as well, mostly with my gratitude for it… So here is a few of mine:

VH – I’m sorry buddy, but I can only accept these, and similar types of uploads in the form of packs. There really isn’t any reason to upload files this similar as 3 separate submissions.

VH – I’m sorry, but I need you to make some modifications in order to get this file accepted… Your file has a lot of banding in the gradients. Try rendering at a higher bitrate or adding a little grain to combat the issue.

AD – Hey there, sorry but we have all concluded that this file is too large for FlashDen and would be much better suited over at VideoHive.

VH – Sorry man, we would need a release for the girl. you can see her face when she turns her head.

VH – I’m sorry, but I need you to make some modifications in order to get this file accepted. – 1. Use one watermark, don’t colorize or change it in any way…

AD – Although cool, i dont see any practical uses for this, its not exactly a stock item sorry.

VH – Please do not put keyword in the description. The tags are used for that. Please write a short description for the shot.

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

@VideoMagus: Please check your email :)

222 posts What dreams may come...
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
VideoMagus says

:D I found in my email one of the best of British jokes…

World War Two. Close to the front line, three Allied generals talk about courage. One is Russian, the other is American and the third one is British.

The American general wants to show the others how courageous his men are. He calls a soldier and tells him: “Private, I want you to run across that mine field, jump over two enemy trenches, and come back in 10 minutes!”

“Sir, yes sir!”

The soldier does everything the general asked him and comes back on time. The American general says to the other two: “You see? That is what I call courage!”

The Russian general is eager to show the toughness of the Red Army. He calls a soldier and tells him: “Comrade, you must run across that mine field and jump over no fewer than four enemy trenches, while carrying a box of live grenades. And for the glory of Mother Russia, you must be back in 8 minutes!”

“Da, comrade general!”

This soldier also does everything the general asked him and comes back on time. The Russian general says to the other two: “You see, comrades? That is what I call courage!”

The British general raises an eyebrow and steps in slowly. He calls a soldier and tells him: “Hey, you there! Go and run across that mine field and jump over ten enemy trenches, while carrying a box of grenades in your arms, a timed C4 explosive on your back, and balancing a stick of dynamite on your nose. Oh, and be back in five minutes.”

The soldier replies: “Say what? Are you bloody mad, you stupid fool? I didn’t join the army to listen to braindead idiots like you! Go and do it yourself if you’re so darn clever!”

The British general looks triumphantly at the other two. “Now, gentlemen, this is what I call courage!”

1161 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
FlashTang says

:D I found in my email one of the best of British jokes…

World War Two. Close to the front line, three Allied generals talk about courage. One is Russian, the other is American and the third one is British.

nice one :D
4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Talked to VideoMagus and we’ve decided it’s probably best to close this thread… Locked :)

by
by
by
by
by
by