4 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
NeilHampton says

Hey everyone,

(Non-exclusive question) I’m sure this has happened to many of you, but recently I sold a track on a “website-who-shall-not-be-named” that was previously rejected by Audiojungle for being “too experimental/quirky.” Now, I’m not complaining, because I made 3 times as much from that track as I would have on AJ (higher sale price + higher non-ex percentage).

I know there are TONS of files uploaded every day, so they need to be strict, but you would think AJ would want a piece from items that are selling elsewhere, yeah?

Do you think it would work to re-upload and explain in the comment section that the track has sold before? Or, would that just be wasting my, and the reviewer’s time?

Cheers,

Neil

1937 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

Did you sell the track just once? Was that maybe just by accident?
MHO: I wouldn’t try to upload it again as is, but try to “spruce it up” a little bit by making it more commercial, then upload it again and see what happens. (Or put it on Soundcloud so we can listen to it! ;) )

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts
Threads Started
482 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
kristopherfisheraudio says

What were the reasons for it not being approved in the first place?

138 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AmethistLab says

Hey Neil,

For sure i am not the expert, but i had my fair share of rejections in the past to qualify me on the subject. I also had items being rejected in audiojungle that sold elsewhere. As “matsteiner” correctly guessed they sold once :) What i learned from my early rejections is that the reviewers are really good on what they do and besides the initial rejection ego slap, if you pay close attention on what they say it will help you develop as a producer.

So if you get rejected go to the next one with the lessons you learned from your last rejection

Welcome to Audiojungle and i wish you all the best

21 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
NRHmusic says

What were the reasons for it not being approved in the first place?

They said it was too experimental/quirky.

It’s an electronic track, and a bit of a hybrid of styles, which is why it was rejected, I’m sure.

It was one the first tracks I wrote with intent to sell, so my instincts for commercialized music weren’t very good. Even in a few months I think I’ve gotten a much better grasp on what sells here and what doesn’t.

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts
Threads Started
453 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
thesensercomplex says

I’ve read post like this before where authors say they’ve sold tracks that were rejected on AudioJungle, but not put a link to the track where it has supposedly sold. Lets have some proof, and let us determine for ourselves whether it is market viable. Could be a good learning experience for all :)

by
by
by
by
by
by