665 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

Personally, I like another site’s referral system much better than Envato’s but this is something to consider for the future. :)

Right now, Envato’s referral system pays 30% for the first purchase, sale, or deposit each referral makes. That’s a great strategy, but I find that another site’s referral strategy is much juicier.

The way another site handles its referral system is by giving the referrer 5% of ALL sales and purchases for the first year after a successful referral to Pond5.

If Envato were to implement a new referral system similar to this other site, that would be enormously popular to the authors.

I shouldn’t need to go into much depth to see how nifty this would be. Envato may benefit from this as well, especially given the increased incentive to refer new potential buyers and sellers to Envato. More incentive to market on a mutually beneficial level between the website and the authors would mean more sales, more activity, and more useful items to offer on Envato.

5% for all purchases, sales, and deposits can quickly add up if you think about it.

If any staff of high-enough status can see this, we’d love you to bits if you could implement something like this. This is a strong enough incentive to help the site and its users grow individually and altogether. :)

If another site can do it, there’s no reason why it isn’t possible here.

388 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
Dfinepixel says

Thing is, with the current system Envato is just calling out BUYERS, because you get absolutely nothing if you bring a new Author to Envato, so yeah this system is waaaay more beneficial to Envato than to us. I think a rate per item sold/bought would be the right thing to do. Just me saying.. :)

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

A referral system that allows you as an Author to earn 100% of your purchases will be difficult to improve upon.

Having referred 3.5k users myself, my personal opinion is that the current referral system is great.

An underestimated quality of Envato’s affiliate program is how easy Envato make it for visitors to become users and for users to become buyers.

As much as I enjoy and appreciate the current program Envato offer, I do want to make more money from it.

To do this, rather than ask Envato to pay me more than they have to, I’ll focus on promoting higher priced items.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

30% of one sale

or

5% of six sales (within 12 months)

I would rather be prudent and get mine.

665 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

30% of one sale

or

5% of six sales (within 12 months)

I would rather be prudent and get mine.

Another way to improve the quality of sales is to offer an unlimited-use license, so that buyers will only have to buy the license to an item only once, granting them unlimited uses of that particular item.

380 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

to my mind there should be additional benefits for users who refer a lot of people. the current system is great for refer people on a very basic level. is it good for high volume affiliate programm user, i am not sure about.

its not about getting more money, its more about the way of conversion here. people should be more motivated to deposit a bigger amount of money into this marketplace, instead of just buy one file and its done.

388 posts
+2 more
Dfinepixel says

to my mind there should be additional benefits for users who refer a lot of people. the current system is great for refer people on a very basic level. is it good for high volume affiliate programm user, i am not sure about. its not about getting more money, its more about the way of conversion here. people should be more motivated to deposit a bigger amount of money into this marketplace, instead of just buy one file and its done.

Agree, should be a system to buy credits or some sort of Envato currency, where the more you deposit the bigger the rate of dollar per credit would be.. Something to think of :)

388 posts
+2 more
Dfinepixel says

A referral system that allows you as an Author to earn 100% of your purchases will be difficult to improve upon.

Im not sure i understood what you meant, do you mean if you actually have sold over $75,000 and have the 70% commission and then you point out a client to buy your own item, therefore receiving more 30% of that only item ? Thats the only way i see of getting 100%.. if im wrong please clarify! :D

2140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

its not about getting more money, its more about the way of conversion here. people should be more motivated to deposit a bigger amount of money into this marketplace, instead of just buy one file and its done.

And now I finally understand why we don’t have a shopping cart or multi-license options for buyers. :/

380 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
krafti says

to my mind there should be additional benefits for users who refer a lot of people. the current system is great for refer people on a very basic level. is it good for high volume affiliate programm user, i am not sure about. its not about getting more money, its more about the way of conversion here. people should be more motivated to deposit a bigger amount of money into this marketplace, instead of just buy one file and its done.
Agree, should be a system to buy credits or some sort of Envato currency, where the more you deposit the bigger the rate of dollar per credit would be.. Something to think of :)

i dont think that credits are good anyway, dollar are much easier to handle. i just think about simple things like promotions, for example simple deposit boni, deposit 100$ get 150$, off course its restricted money to buy files. basic, huh?

by
by
by
by
by
by