1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

I was thinking about a way to reduce the update queue thus giving the reviewers more time to review the new items.

How about creating a list of “trusted authors”? These authors would be allowed to do updates without the need for the update to be reviewed. The list could consist of the top 50 authors of every marketplace. Those authors are known and I think that envato can trust them. (I think envato can trust authors like kriesi, epicera, digitalscience, oxylus, bobocel, robwes, soundroll, webtreats…..... you get the point….)

And… If someone does something not allowed or not liked in a update, then the author can be thown out of this privileged list of authors.

Every authors who reaches a place in the top50 and stays in that range for more than a lapse of time is automatically added to the list….

What do you guys think?

510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
pxt says

Personally, I think the queue timing is reasonable. Remember they say that it will take up to a week and as long as there are no bugs the review is normally completed within a few days. If they are completed too quickly items may come to the front page very fast and in great numbers and support will most likely receive complaints about not receiving enough front page exposure.

However, it is a good idea and we know that the top authors are trusted and will not abuse the system. Looks like another suggestion which could be implemented if the reviewers are short of time.

243 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Web-Culture says

I agree with PPDesign, its a good idea but the queue is not doing to bad as it is.

2309 posts
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

If it were to happen at all then a better criterion for placing authors on the “trusted” list would be their ratio of approved updates to rejected updates, weighted by total number of updates. Even the top authors may have had lots of rejections along the way and, more relevant, may have submitted few or no updates. There are addition rules for updates with which even the best authors may be unfamiliar until they have submitted a few. So no one should be trusted to use the update system without review until they have a successful track record of using it with a low rejection ratio.

But all this is unnecessary: The number of updates submitted does not affect the speed of the regular ‘new items’ queue because there is no overlap between reviewers servicing those queues. :) (At least this is the case on Activeden, which I believe is the queue to which you refer, by some of the author names cited – even though you posted this in “All Marketplaces”) EDIT : Hmm – probably not since I see you only upload on Graphic River – so please ignore this last paragraph :)

3135 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Holas Hansv! A mi me parece una excelente idea que se le puede dar un poco mas de estudio para asi poder reducir un poco la carga de la lista de espera. Te parece que el tiempo para aprobar y revisar un proyecto es demasiado? Por que? Me imagino que tu idea con la lista de updates tiene que ver con reducir tambien la otra fila de proyectos pendientes de revisar, o me equivoco?

189 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
mbudm says
Holas Hansv! A mi me parece una excelente idea que se le puede dar un poco mas de estudio para asi poder reducir un poco la carga de la lista de espera. Te parece que el tiempo para aprobar y revisar un proyecto es demasiado? Por que? Me imagino que tu idea con la lista de updates tiene que ver con reducir tambien la otra fila de proyectos pendientes de revisar, o me equivoco?

Gracias, mi español lo necesita mas trabajo y practica, pero pienso que otro el gente aqui no les gustan como se dice ‘posts’ en idiomas otros.

1125 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

The queue time (at least in GR) is not that bad… it takes some days but it is ok. But the marketplace is still growing… there will be more authors in a future, more items… and even as it is today….time is an important thing.

I like the suggestion from theflyingtinman, an important criteria could be the number of accepted updates. Maybe a combination of accepted updates and position in the marketplace could be the formula to be entered in the list of “trusted authors”. (The authors I named are actually from different marketplaces :) )

And to ZonadeArte: exactamente :)

But to honor the right of every user here to understand the discussion lets stick to the english language, as mbudm pointed out.

ZonadeArte was just asking if my idea had to do with me wanting the “new items” list to get more time. And it does. The less time reviewers have to check the updates…. the more time they have to review the new files.

3135 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

sorry kids, I just love spanish sometimes…lol

what about getting a list of top reviewers and those who take long will be fire out? lol…just kidding…(no offense Arik..you know I love ya kid)

Why the number of updates submitted does not affect the speed of the regular ‘new items’ ?

What do you mean by “no overlap between reviewers servicing those queues”?

in general i think its a good idea hansv… ;)

2309 posts
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
Why the number of updates submitted does not affect the speed of the regular ‘new items’ ? What do you mean by “no overlap between reviewers servicing those queues”?

Sorry, I was only referring to the Activeden queues, where there are different reviewers for the ‘new item’ and ‘update’ queues.

2233 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

I think the idea is not all that bad – though the criteria should definitely not be the paw or sales, but the accepted-items ratio (as theflyingtinman said)

Overall, I just think the solution for a growing market with more and more products’ updates and uploads each day, is to hire a reviewing team that will not be ‘overthrown’ by the amount of items.

The number of reviewers must be proportional to the growing market, so that reviewers can avoid excessive work. I am not implying this is currently the case, but it will be as the marketplaces grow and keep growing.

by
by
by
by
by
by