301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

Hey guys!

I guess this has probably been asked many times before but here it is. I’m doing the paperwork for 2011 and the first part of this year. I can’t find a reciept for the items I bought though. The only thing I find are invoices for the money I deposited.

There is a Purchase Confirmation in my e-mail but that only provides a link to the item.

Thanks a lot!

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says
301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Reachground says

Yes, a list of the items I bought. Price and date?

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’ve brought this exact point up soo many times – no official business can make purchases here on any of the marketplaces because for some reason (amazing I know) – you don’t get receipts – at all….

Mind blowing.

Jonathan

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

it sounds like you want the statments,
\\

That has the dates, item, cost

7591 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

isn’t the invoice for depositing money enough? You used a certain amount of money for services from envato marketplace. You prove this with that invoice. Instead of saying: “I bought 10 photos, 5 themes, 4 illustrations of penguins, I paid this amount of money (proved by the invoice) for services from envato marketplace”

Since you had already received an invoice for depositing the money you can’t receive another invoice for the same money. You can’t get two invoices for the same amount.

Technically, those dollars that you see around the marketplace as price for the items are not dollars but internal envato credits. It happens to have the same value as the american dollar for convenience but they are not real dollars. When you deposit money here you buy one credit for each dollar you deposited and then you can use those credits to purchase items.

at least is what I understood :)

+8 more
jonathan01 says

the statement is not a tax invoice – if you use earnings from your balance you receive no receipt for depositing money either – it’s a total basic requirement that should of been present from inception.

Jonathan

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Envato circumvent tax law though somehow, on purchases. Possibly one of the reasons they dont go https.

Possibly also on sales as the purchaser and seller are responsible for their own declarations.

Because you ARE NOT PAYING . Envato, you are paying PAYPAL , then paypal transaction becomes your invoice.

7591 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I see, so if you purchase something with money that you have from selling your items you don’t get an invoice.

You CAN ’T get an invoice for those money because marketplaces dollars ARE NOT real dollars but internal credits.

to get an invoice for those money you need to first take them out from envato in your bank account and then with those real money purchase envato credits and get an invoice for that deposit.

It makes sense if you think logic. I can give you an invoice if you send me money. But you did not send money to envato. You earned credits by selling your items, those credits are inside envato marketplace, they are not in your hands, they are not yours till you have them in your bank account.

Again, you ask for envato to give you an invoice for money that you never had in your hands in the first place. They can’t do it.

When you declare what income you had, you don’t say: I had 10000$ of earnings but I purchased 2000$ of items so here are 8000$. You say, envato payed me 8000$ and that’s that.

You want to declare 8000$ but then you want an invoice for 2000$ so you can declare only 6000$, and that my friend is illegal.

also there is nothing shady in this, envato provides invoice for ALL the money that enter the marketplace.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

@doru – you misunderstand the basis of business accounting in your statement – money doesn’t have to mean money in hand, business accounting doesn’t work that way, they are earnings (just because you don’t get the money for up to 45 days after earning it doesn’t mean it’s yours) and when you reduce that earning by a purchase you need a receipt – any accountant will tell you this.

It’s all about the balance sheet figures and being able to have proof on why those earnings were reduced by being able to produce a tax invoice for services or goods purchased.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by