356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

altough I’ve already seen items with less sales but a 5-star rating your tip sounds logical. Thanks
Well, the ‘rule’ might break if the author already has a huge loyal customer base, or the author has some friends who are buying his items, or some other factors affecting it.

However, in most cases (especially if you are still new in the marketplace), you’ll get 1 rating per ~20 sales. That rule applies to my items, as well as some authors’ items which I have noticed ;)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

I’ve got a bunch of sales on my latest item but still don’t have any ratings. Know how that feel? Everyday waiting for the first rating. Is it good? Is it bad? I’m so stressed…. :D
It’s usually 1 rating per 20 sales. So you should see your rating when you have around 50-60 sales for that item ;)

way to go I guess :D

altough I’ve already seen items with less sales but a 5-star rating your tip sounds logical. Thanks

I find for my themes, its 1 in 10 sales gets a review.

260 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Prothemeus says

UBL , check your email ;)

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
billyf says

You’re quite lucky to get such customers (or maybe your support is exceptional?). However, I hope your high number of ratings is not caused by something like what you have mentioned in the first post of this thread :p

Majority of the buyers here in TF are quite good, but there might be a few who demand more (and have higher-than-average expectations). So, I just wish all authors good luck in getting those ‘better’ buyers :)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

UBL , check your email ;)

Just replied :)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

You’re quite lucky to get such customers (or maybe your support is exceptional?). However, I hope your high number of ratings is not caused by something like what you have mentioned in the first post of this thread :p Majority of the buyers here in TF are quite good, but there might be a few who demand more (and have higher-than-average expectations). So, I just wish all authors good luck in getting those ‘better’ buyers :)

I dont fiddle votes :)

I answer support questions within 12 hours, if within my timezone, i normally answer within 1-2 hours. normally solve tickets within 1-2 ticket message and within the hour of first submittion depending on communication time.

What i do, is when i have finished the support issues i then ask kindly, if they like the item or think my support is good please rate the item accordingly.

I thne give a link where to do so, its amazing how many do not know how to vote for your item.

Envato do not publically tell buyers, it should be a popup on their first purchase if you ask me.

I would say 95% of them do.

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
billyf says

What i do, is when i have finished the support issues i then ask kindly, if they like the item or think my support is good please rate the item accordingly.
Hmm…I think I should do that next time :P I have been responding quickly and sometimes I do customization (rather major, involving the change of how it looks and how it functions in the backend) and I can say that my clients are quite happy with my work. It’s just that my rating isn’t ‘growing’ as fast as yours though
631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

Hmm…I think I should do that next time :P I have been responding quickly and sometimes I do customization (rather major, involving the change of how it looks and how it functions in the backend) and I can say that my clients are quite happy with my work. It’s just that my rating isn’t ‘growing’ as fast as yours though

I would ask them kindly as some really dont know about the system. Or some just forget but if you ask and give them a link to the download area 9/10 they do.

It makes me wish i could support all buyers, this way i would get more reviews lol. But there again a lot of work :/

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

I would ask them kindly as some really dont know about the system. Or some just forget but if you ask and give them a link to the download area 9/10 they do.

It makes me wish i could support all buyers, this way i would get more reviews lol. But there again a lot of work :/

Oh ok, I see…but since my item is so super awesome my customers don’t need my support anymore. What shall I do then? :-D

PS: Don’t take this too serious – it’s just my humor ;)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

Oh ok, I see…but since my item is so super awesome my customers don’t need my support anymore. What shall I do then? :-D PS: Don’t take this too serious – it’s just my humor ;)

Unfortunately html themes are like that :) never have to support them much.

Wordpress is the support killer lol…

by
by
by
by
by
by