611 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Blinn says

Envato, I just want to say that you’re doing an awesome job, especially with this new Rating Reasons feature. :)

This will save the community and the support staff a lot of headaches. I do recommend that people be required to give reasons for rating anything below a 3, as it will stop the Revenge Ratings.

5204 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Will this tool ever be released to the authors? It also seems it has been removed now? It’s frustrating getting a 1 start rating from some buyers and nothing that would indicate anybody is supremely unhappy, no comments, no emails, no post on forum, absolutely nothing.

Any answer, possibly from the staff?

Thank you.

Rating improvements are an ongoing project. The Community Team is working closely with the Developers to examine and improve the system. The introduction of ratings was just a first step in the project. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten or abandoned it :)

5765 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Will this tool ever be released to the authors? It also seems it has been removed now? It’s frustrating getting a 1 start rating from some buyers and nothing that would indicate anybody is supremely unhappy, no comments, no emails, no post on forum, absolutely nothing.

Any answer, possibly from the staff?

Thank you.
Rating improvements are an ongoing project. The Community Team is working closely with the Developers to examine and improve the system. The introduction of ratings was just a first step in the project. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten or abandoned it :)

@KingDog, is it possible to make an update about ratings through any staffs who directly involved?

Because, we had a test feature in the past to pull the buyer’s comment/opinion when they leave ratings. It was hidden from authors although those feedbacks are about individual items. This is fine as long as a progress or update made in reasonable time.

1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

I hope this part of the rating system should be improved soon. 1-star rating for no reason is unacceptable. And on the other side, we need a way to encourage user to give rating more and more, so the ratings can truly reflect the quality of the item. Actually, I don’t want rating stars to appear after only 3 ratings.

5204 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

@KingDog, is it possible to make an update about ratings through any staffs who directly involved?

Indeed :) Since the Community Team is directly involved I can comment on the stuff I know. We’ve had an initial meeting with Justin about ratings and what authors want from them. This meeting is kicking off the next round of rating improvements between Community, Product and Developer teams. The Community Team has definitely been listening and hearing from the community and we’ve been bringing, and will continue to bring, this feedback to the other teams that are involved.

Please remember that while we’ll be launching other features to the Marketplaces, that doesn’t mean that we’ve abandoned ratings. We have multiple development teams and projects going on at the same time. Things like ratings that require more heavy lifting will take a bit longer than cosmetic or smaller changes. We want to get ratings right, and that means we’ve had to do some more backend research which affects the development time.

611 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Blinn says

Indeed :) Since the Community Team is directly involved I can comment on the stuff I know. We’ve had an initial meeting with Justin about ratings and what authors want from them. This meeting is kicking off the next round of rating improvements between Community, Product and Developer teams. The Community Team has definitely been listening and hearing from the community and we’ve been bringing, and will continue to bring, this feedback to the other teams that are involved.

Please remember that while we’ll be launching other features to the Marketplaces, that doesn’t mean that we’ve abandoned ratings. We have multiple development teams and projects going on at the same time. Things like ratings that require more heavy lifting will take a bit longer than cosmetic or smaller changes. We want to get ratings right, and that means we’ve had to do some more backend research which affects the development time.

Your work is much appreciated. The fact that you’re acknowledging our need for some changes to the rating system is very encouraging.

5765 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Was serious because that rating comment feature is essential as well as already implemented temporarily. Not a big thing to continue the same too. Currently the ratings doesn’t give any useful info to author.

Ok, as usual I will just drink some water and move on. Thanks for the reply anyway.

6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
desikoi says

Cool! thanks!!

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Australia says

personally, I think Envato should do a 30 minute community crunch.

Each morning , 8.00am to 8.30am ( generically the quietest time on the forums ) AEST time. The staff should trwal thru posts and respond.

One of the companies we work with, has a contract period with clients of 60 days, in which time they guarantee 120 points of contact.

Envato staff should at least make similar efforts and not leave it to community managers and such like to give pseudo answers to relevant topics that have been answered by specific staff in the past. Its counter productive.

Its akin, to trying to speak with a boss at a company and getting the big fat hairy hitler receptionist with the canned response all the time.

273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
candeed says

Maybe try to outsource the task to professional ‘Research and Development’ service. That will help your company to examine your existing product and make the right decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by