KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
831 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

I put one of my audiojungle watermarked tracks on Youtube.Someone asked if he could use this is a beat for a track he is working on – is that allowed under the purchaser rights? i guess this would fall under an extended license right?Thanks.

191 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Korea, Republic of
Joonique says

I also am wondering about this… anybody has answer to this? Regular licence if for noncomercial and extended when it’s for commercial use?

847 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
gbiasillo says

Hi,

This has come up before when a buyer had the bright idea of wanting to purchase track on AJ and add his own vocals on top. The conclusion was that no, the AJ license doesn’t allow this, which made a LOT of people happy as that is not what stock music is all about, and $14 (or even $70) wouldn’t even be close to how much it should cost for such usage. Even more so when you consider that the tracks won’t earn any back-end PRO royalties.

However, if you, the author, give permission then yes you could allow it on a case-by-case basis. I’d personally advise against it but it’s ultimately your decision to make.

Good luck!

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
831 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

thanks you just made feel alot better.

2181 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

However, if you, the author, give permission then yes you could allow it on a case-by-case basis. I’d personally advise against it but it’s ultimately your decision to make.

But you can give the permission only if you opt out from the exclusivity here on AJ or you remove your track from AJ library.

by
by
by
by
by
by