• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’ve noticed that some authors upload more than one footage in one submission, ie. they upload a pack of similar footage.

I’d like to ask if it’s allowed to upload the same footage BOTH as a separate submission AND in pack.
For example, I upload video called “Autumn leaves” and then I decide to upload a pack of 5 videos of autumn leaves, so I include 4 new and this old one into the pack…
I hope I wasn’t too confusing :D

Such thing is allowed over at AudioJungle, but I don’t know what’s the policy around here.

181 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Altaf_ajju says

I don’t have a very precise answer for the question you have asked.

But, I suggest you to upload those remaining 4 videos individually, then make a pack of all 5 videos and upload again as a pack. :) This is applicable….

2088 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says
Altaf_ajju said
I don’t have a very precise answer for the question you have asked. But, I suggest you to upload those remaining 4 videos individually, then make a pack of all 5 videos and upload again as a pack. :) This is applicable….

so, it is allowed to have a footage uploaded both as individual item and in pack?

thanks!

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Altaf_ajju says

YES

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Actually no. Well to better put it, not yet. What you’re referring to is the policy in place on AudioJungle called Packing, or Bundling. We do allow it on some of the sites, but not all (videohive included). We’ve considered it a few times, but ultimately it becomes a problem due to the massive file sizes that each VH file can be.

At some point we’d like to introduce a system to make packing easier and won’t require actually hosting the same file multiple times. But until that happens, Packs are not permitted on VideoHive.

So to give you a clear answer, any file that’s for sale on VideoHive, should not be distributed again within another file.

2088 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says
MarkBrodhuber said
Actually no. Well to better put it, not yet. What you’re referring to is the policy in place on AudioJungle called Packing, or Bundling. We do allow it on some of the sites, but not all (videohive included). We’ve considered it a few times, but ultimately it becomes a problem due to the massive file sizes that each VH file can be.

At some point we’d like to introduce a system to make packing easier and won’t require actually hosting the same file multiple times. But until that happens, Packs are not permitted on VideoHive.

So to give you a clear answer, any file that’s for sale on VideoHive, should not be distributed again within another file.

Great, thanks for the answer! ;)

Btw, it’d be very cool if such “packing” or “bundling” system would be implemented in near future.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Altaf_ajju says

@Mark Oops, my bad. Actually Mark , I was having this same question about 2 months before i guess.

When i raised this to support, I got a reply from the Envato support staff that I could pack my footages as one and to upload it again.

Based on that reply I answered accordingly :)

by
by
by
by
by
by