224 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

Hello all, i got a question about editing existing items. Is is possible to change only specific files of the product ? For example only the thumb. I´m asking because i got a mockup in the queue whose main.zip takes me about an hour to upload. And i wanted to change the thumb without having to upload the main files again…

And another related question. If the item is on the start-page of the marketplace, and the update is accepted within a few minutes/hours. Will the thumb on the start-page change to the new one, too ?

thanks everyone in advance :)

1842 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Ans 1: Let your mockup load and get accepted, then Yes, you can just upload your new thumbnail and mention your UPDATE in THE NOTE TO REVIEWER msg box.

Ans 2: Yes, the thumb will change to the newly uploaded thumb within a few minutes.

1117 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
TanyDi says

You can edit existing item in 2 steps – description without reviewing and thumbnail, preview and main file need approval from reviewer. The second step needs your explanation to the reviewer and of course you can change only the thumbnail for example. Changing thumbnail is almost for a second and after a while you can see the changes on your profile. I’m not sure how long takes the change on the start page but it is abit longer.

224 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

alright :) thanks you two.

by
by
by
by