Q: If Financially Stressed go 110+% Percent on Aj, or backburner it for other possibilities?

84 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in United States
marcusunlimited says

Hello,

Really thankful for Aj and all, yet I’m at an interesting time of some financial change in my life. I was wondering, what is your opinion for someone reasonably new here who has most tracks approved, and even a few sales, but realizing things take there time.

What would you do, place Aj into part-time, supplemental priority status and prioritize something else, or go ALL out Aj like wild for a couple months and risk it?

What would you do, what is your opinion?

Thanks, ~Marcus :)

545 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

My advice is go all in. Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.

29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Anastasius says

My advice is go all in. Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.

A Steeve Vai fan? (Exactly same expression)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGBKuCJ-Jc

+1

922 posts Go Acoustic!
    Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

Before giving too much advice I would ask the questions….

• What would you be giving up to do AudioJungle full time?
  • Is it just you you have to worry about, or do you have dependents?
  • If you did 110 percent at AudioJungle and it did not give you enough return, what would happen? Are you out on the streets? Or worse, having to sell music equipment to make ends meet?

I’m (fiscally) super conservative myself, and although I’m doing pretty well with the stock scene I’m going to be keeping my day job for a while yet. But I have a family to support, mortgage to pay, blah blah blah – it would be a much different thing if I were single. As it is I can build up my savings for when things are not so rosy as they are now.

Although it can happen, immediate and meteoric success on AudioJungle comes to only a very few. Eventual success is more achievable. It makes more sense to me to devote something less than 110% building up a portfolio over time knowing that it might pay off years down the road then dropping everything and finding that the revenue stream didn’t rise sharply enough in the first few months to make the rent.

799 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
delgibbons says
||+867774|jhunger said- Although it can happen, immediate and meteoric success on AudioJungle comes to only a very few. Eventual success is more achievable. It makes more sense to me to devote something less than 110% building up a portfolio over time knowing that it might pay off years down the road then dropping everything and finding that the revenue stream didn’t rise sharply enough in the first few months to make the rent.

Amen to this brother. Spot on.

53 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
thinkbigstudios says

I would be all in.

84 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in United States
marcusunlimited says

I have listened to all replies and I appreciate them all, thank you. :)

1465 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

@marcusunlimited
I’m listening to your music right now. Amazingly nice. You should be able to make a living just by making music.
AJ has a specific target and to make a living just from AJ income you have to hit that exact target, and your music might be closer to something you would rather listen than put in a shampoo commercial.
We might joke around here about ukulele and claps, but there are some “classic recipes” to sell here, delayed “U2-ish” guitars, Coldplay-ish rhythmical riffs, whistling or playing on glockenspiel the happy theme, or hit a certain cliche style (as “metal” or “noir”...etc).

On an unrelated subject, some of your tracks have the low frequencies going to the right, maybe making the low frequencies mono and dead center with THIS VST PLUGIN might be a good idea.

5 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
LaurexFlame says

“He Who Says He Can And He Who Says He Can’t Are Both Usually Right”

84 posts
marcusunlimited says

Mihai,

Thanks so much for your kind words, and there is tremendous wisdom in what you’ve said here. I am glad I finally saw some public admission of the “coldplay” reality and Uke fever. I do not think we are being negative when we see and talk about these things.

In fact it gives me some hilarious song title ideas that may actually work :)

“I Tried a Ukelele, but Piano was Grander” “My Cat was Sleeping on the Uke, so I went to the Piano Instead” “Beethoven Played Piano, not Uke”

Okay, so they are too long, but funny.

I think I have intentionally panning basses because of my Opera history, I got used to the Symphony spread and loved it. LEFT: Double Bass Here, Cellos Here CENTER: Violas, LEFT: Violins etc.

... but I’ll try a few non, symph pan outs.

Again, thank you, ~Marcus :)

@marcusunlimited
I’m listening to your music right now. Amazingly nice. You should be able to make a living just by making music.
AJ has a specific target and to make a living just from AJ income you have to hit that exact target, and your music might be closer to something you would rather listen than put in a shampoo commercial.
We might joke around here about ukulele and claps, but there are some “classic recipes” to sell here, delayed “U2-ish” guitars, Coldplay-ish rhythmical riffs, whistling or playing on glockenspiel the happy theme, or hit a certain cliche style (as “metal” or “noir”...etc).

On an unrelated subject, some of your tracks have the low frequencies going to the right, maybe making the low frequencies mono and dead center with THIS VST PLUGIN might be a good idea.
by
by
by
by
by
by