47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ClassicBeauty says

When a buyer wants an edit be sure he won’t hesitate to contact you.

So what is the monetary arrangement when a buyer wants an edit?

812 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Depends on how much you value your work, just DON’T do it for free.

If you meet these guys:

\\

\\

politely refer them to this image.

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

All valid comments, and I totally agree with if a customer wants an which would warrant a melody, instrument, mix or tempo change then yes they should pay as we are spending our time to do this. However the edits have been done prior to release, and when I say they took a small time I really mean it, it was just a case of removing beats from the end, a very slight tweak in the mix and new fade files.

Not something that I would warrant as a significant change. Also for me, I am trying to really put in some decent time into AudioJungle and try to make a regular income and as it grows cut my hours down at my 9-5 job until AJ combined with other freelance work and teaching becomes my revenue stream. So adding simple edits to make my item more appealing it a way for me to try and get the extra exposure/interest in my items.

I have been a member for around 2 years and in that time I have been very inactive so to be honest I am actually only really just starting out as an active member. But of course I want to build relationships with all authors and don’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

812 posts
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Well, it’s an adult term, but how about typing you question [here]

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Diktat says

Didn’t undertsand [favors] at first too, now I get it, and yes, it makes laught (btw I totally agree wth Art of Sound)

395 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Would you Art-of-Sound refuse to write this here. It’s disgusting. I wish i could delete my post as well as yours.

866 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

It is true that customers will always want as much as they can get for their dollar and we need to protect the value of our work. That being said, AJ allows up to five files in a submission and the buyers are well aware of that, so I do not think it is unreasonable for an author to address it. A loop, a logo, a short version and a long version are common for almost all of the libraries I have seen. I don’t think addressing this devalues our work at all. I can usually prepare those additional edits very quickly.

I think you can address both points and I think AJ has done that with the five file limit. I am good with it.

812 posts
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Would you Art-of-Sound refuse to write this here. It’s disgusting. I wish i could delete my post as well as yours.
Everyone here is 18+, what’s the problem? Or did I touch a sore subject? Besides, a free [favor] can mean a free [favor]. It’s you the one who gives it “disgusting” interpretations.

A loop, a logo, a short version and a long version are common for almost all of the libraries I have seen.

Yes, but the other libraries don’t price it $14.

667 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

Everyone here is 18+, what’s the problem? Or did I touch a sore subject? Besides, a free [favor] can mean a free [favor]. It’s you the one who gives it “disgusting” interpretations.

A loop, a logo, a short version and a long version are common for almost all of the libraries I have seen.
Yes, but the other libraries don’t price it $14.

Not everyone here is 18+. I’ve spoken live with a few authors and some of them are in their teens. Just thought I’d point that out.

812 posts
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Doesn’t one have to be 18 to join the market place?

by
by
by
by
by
by