kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Hey guys, I have just finished a new trailer track aimed at large cinematic work and spent a little time doing a few alternative endings.

I have just uploaded the files and it is currently being processed. The track has 5 slightly different endings, it only took a little while to edit the session for each ending but my question is this:

Have you provided alternative endings for items before and if so do you find your item gets more interest as a result of the added flexibility and do you see the sale value increase due to its added content?

Cheers!

665 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

Well, I don’t make music yet. My portfolio is made entirely of sound effects. However, I’ve had one item rejected before because it was too similar to another item, in my portfolio. I put the same rejected file with one that already was approved and formed a pack out of them. I’m proud to say that the two files combined were approved and have since sold well. :)

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

Yeah, my approach is not that these are all separate tracks these are ALL the same track but the last 6 or so seconds is different so people can time the ending better to their projects. I just wanted to increase the user-friendly aspect of the item and sell it as one item, not sell 5 individual tracks :)

As for music packs I have one selling now but all the tracks are completely different.

my next step is too write another 3-4 trailer tracks in the same genre and upload them as individual items and then release them all as a pack as well.

114 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

It definitely isn’t bad for the buyer, but if you check all the best selling tracks, very few of them have alternate edits, so I don’t know how much it really matters in real life. It seems like 2 min+ is what the buyers want, and they can always shorten it if they need to.

When I watch commercials on tv, very few tracks seem to be tailor made for that commercial, they often end abruptly.

I can see it being more useful for orchestral music/trailers though, providing versions without choir/drums/strings etc.

Well, to sum up, if it doesn’t take much time, why not provide alternate versions?

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

It definitely isn’t bad for the buyer, but if you check all the best selling tracks, very few of them have alternate edits, so I don’t know how much it really matters in real life. It seems like 2 min+ is what the buyers want, and they can always shorten it if they need to.

When I watch commercials on tv, very few tracks seem to be tailor made for that commercial, they often end abruptly.

I can see it being more useful for orchestral music/trailers though, providing versions without choir/drums/strings etc.

Well, to sum up, if it doesn’t take much time, why not provide alternate versions?

Yeah my thoughts too really. It really didn’t take much time to add the variations and gives the user more so seems a good idea, just didn’t know if the item gets priced higher due to it.

808 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

I strongly discourage submitting alternative versions because the prices here are already indecently low and giving more options for the same price simply doesn’t feel right. Alternative versions and edits is something that clients should pay for, not get for free. Of course this is a competitive market and it’s natural that authors would strive to make their files more attractive than others’, but let’s have some dignity and not fall into streetwalking. If this trend continues, the day is not far off when some authors will start offering free [favors] to sell their files.

[moderation edit]

kristopherfisheraudio
506 posts
+2 more

I strongly discourage submitting alternative versions because the prices here are already indecently low and giving more options for the same price simply doesn’t feel right. Alternative versions and edits is something that clients should pay for, not get for free. Of course this is a competitive market and it’s natural that authors would strive to make their files more attractive than others’, but let’s have some dignity and not fall into streetwalking. From what it looks now, the day is not far distant when some authors will start offering free [favors] to sell their files.

I must admit I do agree to a point with what you are saying, however the edits I am providing are very small, and only really changes the overall timing. Also AJ does not provide a way for authors to sell items with edits for a small additional price, and if I were to try to submit each edit as a separate item they would be rejected as they are too similar.

Perhaps a feature for buyers to select edits for a small fee would be a good idea?

808 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

When a buyer wants an edit be sure he won’t hesitate to contact you.

197 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

If this trend continues, the day is not far off when some authors will start offering free [favors] to sell their files.

Ha Ha, too funny, thanks for the laugh!!!

MonophobiaStudio
MonophobiaStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
56 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MonophobiaStudio says

If this trend continues, the day is not far off when some authors will start offering free [favors] to sell their files.

Hilarious and so true!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by