• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
mudi says

I agree with you guys but you are not getting my idea. I know making new items is always good for author for customers and for marketplace.

1675 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

I agree with you guys but you are not getting my idea. I know making new items is always good for author for customers and for marketplace.

This kind of ideas are not revolutionary. Its easy to say let put more items on the front page for more exposure, but there should be a limit somewhere.

You can just as well ask why one featured author, one feature file, and 40 new items on the front page?

Why not more, why not all?

Its called front page after all, which brings just a taste of all content.

948 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Giallo says

I really like your idea, and it was already proposed but without success. From time to time I discover old items wich are awesome, and I think is good to give a small exposure to old items also.

Just create a different place for logos would solve a lot of overpopulation of stuff we have. The fact is that now we look like a crappy stock-photo-website , while 2 years ago files in the homepage were killer top-notch files, hard to reproduce and made by experienced designers.

That’s why I’d like to give a small exposure to some of the best old items, because I think they’re better than the new ones

330 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
WPWiseOwl says

I’d like to see a home page section of most recently updated items (not unlike how “new” items are displayed potentially?). Would be (re-)purchasers might think an item is too old to still be supported after a while. Keeping the items that are updated on a semi-regular basis would make authors compete for that home page space.

It might also help balance the traffic between new / old items. Old items that don’t get updated somewhat deserved to be forgotten about. The author can then decide how much time they would like to put into any particular product. The more an item gets updated, the more often it’s featured.

I’ll leave it to Envato to decide how to sort the listing, what constitutes an updates, etc. However, authors that submit updates that are mere (undocumented) bug fixes with nothing else should be given a lower rank, of course IMO . There will be some who may try to game the system but that shouldn’t stop Envato from doing something like this at all.

I’d like to think that if this were implemented that then the mostly reasons a product would die is that an author gave up / stopped updating it?

942 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mudi says

I’d like to see a home page section of most recently updated items (not unlike how “new” items are displayed potentially?). Would be (re-)purchasers might think an item is too old to still be supported after a while. Keeping the items that are updated on a semi-regular basis would make authors compete for that home page space.

It might also help balance the traffic between new / old items. Old items that don’t get updated somewhat deserved to be forgotten about. The author can then decide how much time they would like to put into any particular product. The more an item gets updated, the more often it’s featured.

I’ll leave it to Envato to decide how to sort the listing, what constitutes an updates, etc. However, authors that submit updates that are mere (undocumented) bug fixes with nothing else should be given a lower rank, of course IMO . There will be some who may try to game the system but that shouldn’t stop Envato from doing something like this at all.

I’d like to think that if this were implemented that then the mostly reasons a product would die is that an author gave up / stopped updating it?

It’s a good idea too and authors will more likely to update and improve their items rather than just creating new items.

1675 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

This was suggested before as well and the biggest issue wasnt hard to see, obviously who is going to control the actual update of each and every file versus just a blank submit with no change whatsoever?

This may sound easy but it next to impossible if you ask me and would take hell of a lot of manpower and all that for some updated files on the front page is simply not worth it.

330 posts
  • Exclusive Author
WPWiseOwl says

Often (but not always) anything worth doing is NOT easy. I think that depending on execution, it could be worth it to authors but Envato might indeed decide it’s not worth it for them. It’d likely benefit Authors, Purchasers and Visitors more than Envato. However, making those groups happier might end up benefitting Envato more than they know potentially.

942 posts
  • Exclusive Author
mudi says

Every thing has a solution just apply limit that aurthor can update his file weekly or monthly and if its a minor update than don’t show on front page.

330 posts
  • Exclusive Author
WPWiseOwl says

There’s some good ideas here. I’m hopeful they’re not simply discarded because implementing anything remotely resembling something here seems “hard”.

by
by
by
by
by
by