310 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+1 more
Novak5 says

This was my worst nightmare in past, which has also been reflected inwrite in the present. I can write a poem, I can compose a song, but to decide on the name, just an empty space in my head. :)

Does anyone else has a similar problem?

2217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

This was my worst nightmare in past, which has also been reflected inwrite in the present. I can write a poem, I can compose a song, but to decide on the name, just an empty space in my head. :) Does anyone else has a similar problem?

I usually don’t have the same problem with poetry (although it did happened a couple of times), but with music it’s different. But I usually have the problem of having multiple ideas for (instrumental) music and I can’t decide which one would suit it most :D

386 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+1 more
SamyBeats says

I have same problems, sometimes helps to close simply eyes, and then when listening own music there in head appear a pictures :) it helps me to think up the title

411 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
studio26design says

I start most of my songs with a working title which is something that randomly pops into my head or based on a word or phrase that I like. By the time I have finished the track a name will tend to appear based on the theme or style of the song.

Now that I am composing specifically for AJ, I try to give some meaning to the title to help with searches and buyers. Ie, ‘Happy Summer Song’

You could always pick up a book or magazine, turn to a random page and select the 4th word on the page and start with that. :)

310 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Novak5 says

I start most of my songs with a working title which is something that randomly pops into my head or based on a word or phrase that I like. By the time I have finished the track a name will tend to appear based on the theme or style of the song.

Now that I am composing specifically for AJ, I try to give some meaning to the title to help with searches and buyers. Ie, ‘Happy Summer Song’

You could always pick up a book or magazine, turn to a random page and select the 4th word on the page and start with that. :)

Thanks! That is good advice! :)

1424 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+4 more
UJ-pro says

It´s the same to me.

I often change the original title after I finish the song. I try to find a name which sounds like a real song-name and shows what it is. That can be difficult. Something like “Happy Harp” or “Harpulele” is easy. What could it be? A dark cinematic track? :D

I share more the problem with urbazon. What song should I go on with next.

2217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

A friend of mine and I did this when we were teenagers trying to produce techno music :D We would open a magazine or catalogue about electronics or any other technical science and we would choose some random words that sound so serious and “technical” :) We used to combine the words to get a syntagm that sounds cool, even though it probably has no sense in a real world :D Ah, good old days :D

188 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
SwanSong says

I have a problem with combining too many different genres, so in the end I do not know which genre I’ve finally created … :S

386 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SamyBeats says

I have a problem with combining too many different genres, so in the end I do not know which genre I’ve finally created … :S

:D sometimes I have same problem

by
by
by
by
by
by