1036 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hi there !

It’s maybe something that was answered already but even after a lot of searches and tests, I couldn’t find any answer… So I bought a couple of resume templates here on GR, one in INDD , the other in PSD . After playing a little bit with both of them, the PSD suits better my needs but I can’t find any way to convert it into a PDF with an acceptable quality. The INDD looks good even if I zoom at 400%.

I’ve tried a lot of settings with the default template, untouched, and it’s still pixellated. For example I tried “Press quality”, without downsample, maximum JPEG quality, etc. but it’s still ugly. Any hint ? Or should I drop Photoshop and go for Indesign ?

570 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
BoxedCreative says

Unfortunately to get the best quality PDF for your resume (vectorised), you would have to use InDesign. Creating a PDF from Photoshop isn’t a good idea because all that’s going to do is just create an image of the file without vectorisation. If you don’t want to use the InDesign template then you can create a high res tiff in Photoshop and import it into InDesign and save a PDF from there. That way the PDF should keep the quality of the tiff and reduce the file size of the PDF as well.

344 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
LiveAtTheBBQ says

This may not not the answer you are looking for but maybe a good tip:

When i save a PDF from photoshop which need to be emailed to clients as a promotion / webview flyer (or just to be printed at home/office by clients) i merge all the image / background layers to one single layer but keep the text layers as they are.

When you save the PDF in photoshop as an PDF /X-1a:2001 it keeps all its text vector. When you have your total document on like 150 dpi you can still zoom in.

1036 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Thanks for the tips, I’ll try that for sure :)

by
by
by
by
by
by