1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Bump. While you’re doing #2, you should probably simultaneously look at the Extended License thread.

http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/ext-license-in-vh-projects/80587?page=1

its because its sub-standard.

Believe me, if I had $1, for the amount of people that I know have the perception that Audiojungle is substandard, I’d probably be an Elite Author by now….

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

A year ago, I thought it was a bad idea to raise AJ prices. However, after witnessing the demand that exists for royalty free music, I now realize that raising prices would be a good idea. Just look at how AJ and Envato in general has grown over the past year, and the quality of the tracks here just keeps getting better and better. I think it is time to give back to the authors who are supplying the product. As we all know, it’s not easy to put out a great product, yet AJ authors keep on doing it. And it is also time to let the World know that AJ is NOT substandard!

+12 more

It’s not even about the prices actually. The regular license is more than adequate for a lot of people’s needs (a Youtube video, for example). But broadcast companies or serious media producers will never take AJ seriously until they implement a thorough and extensive licensing system, that is also fair to authors.

I think authors would be far happier selling different kinds of licenses than tons of the regular licenses. Not to mention that it would bring in a NEW type of customer. It’s all about the licensing.

142 posts Just Believe!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Melodality says
It’s all about the licensing.
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

I agree that it would be better if they change the licensing system to a better one (add more/different licenses with different pricing) but to try and see things from Envato’s perspective: it’s quite a risky thing to change anything, because the system is working as it is and any change should be done carefully.

After all, we are still here on AudioJungle because it brings us more/equal income as other stock marketplaces/libraries, or at least enough income that we stay here despite the lower pricing. :)

+12 more

I agree that it would be better if they change the licensing system to a better one (add more/different licenses with different pricing) but to try and see things from Envato’s perspective: it’s quite a risky thing to change anything, because the system is working as it is and any change should be done carefully.

I’m not saying ‘change’ the current licensing system. They need to ‘add to’ it, and make it more flexible for different kinds of buyers.

You could say the system is working, but absolutely not to it’s full potential.

779 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

The more discussion, the more likely it is that we have to pay attention to our opinion is important. We are already so many that it is time to create a trade union :) that would be have a direct relationship with the owners of the site

142 posts Just Believe!
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Melodality says

Yes, I agree that the marketplace needs improvement and It’s been quite some time since we saw anything improved on AJ. In my opinion the Search is one of the most important things among the things that need to be upgraded.

I’m not saying ‘change’ the current licensing system. They need to ‘add to’ it, and make it more flexible for different kinds of buyers.

You could say the system is working, but absolutely not to it’s full potential.
152 posts For the Love of Music and Sound
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
audiophile-trax says

It’s not even about the prices actually. The regular license is more than adequate for a lot of people’s needs (a Youtube video, for example). But broadcast companies or serious media producers will never take AJ seriously until they implement a thorough and extensive licensing system, that is also fair to authors. I think authors would be far happier selling different kinds of licenses than tons of the regular licenses. Not to mention that it would bring in a NEW type of customer. It’s all about the licensing.

+1. Nothing is more important than licensing right now. That whole new market of upper tier licenses is dependent on, as gareth said, a “thorough and extensive licensing system”.

by
by
by
by
by
by