341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

I use Breverb (version 1) for any really critical task. That and sometimes Sknote’s Stagespace.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Lexicon PCM Bundle is the one i like and use the most.

877 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

I have two questions:
1 – What are the differences between Aether, Breeze and B2?

They are all algorithmic reverbs.

Aether was 2C Audio’s first product. It is an excellent reverb for all purposes, but it particularly shines on acoustic instruments and special FX. It is moderately CPU heavy. You can load 2-4 instances comfortably on most modern computers.

Breeze was 2C Audio’s second product. It uses the same reverb engine as Aether, but has a more basic feature-set and is less complicated to use. It also is MUCH lighter on CPU than Aether. You can easily load 8-12 instances of the effect on most modern computers.

B2 is 2CAudio’s newest product. It is a new reverb engine. It has the most in-depth feature set (but not complicated in my opinion). I believe it is the ‘Omnisphere’ of reverbs, because, it’s presets are so good, but there is also so much tweaking from the ground up that you can do yourself. It also has great room sounds, and while it’s not convolution reverb, I personally feel that B2’s room sounds are better than most convolution reverbs. (I have previously used Quantum Leap Spaces for convolution reverbs before).

To me, Aether is almost made redundant by B2, because B2 seems to be a superior version of Aether. Some will prefer the interface of Aether though. Additionally, B2 is VERY CPU heavy. It can significantly increase render time (if you are not rendering in real-time). It is better to just run 1-2 instances, though powerful computers will be able to handle 3-4.

The signature of 2CAudio’s reverbs are the reverb decay, depth, and clarity. Most algorithmic reverbs have terrible decays/reverb tails. B2 in particular doesn’t, it is just a pure sound from start to finish. Once you start making 100 second reverbs in the FX section, you will just get lost creating dreamy soundscapes.

I have been a 2CAudio customer since very early on in their development. They are still not particularly well-known (not compared to Native Instruments or Altiverb) – but everyone who I’ve asked to try the demos of their products, has not looked back.

This is not to say that other reverbs are bad, and particularly it’s good to have other options for convolutoin reverb. But in terms of algorithmic reverbs, I don’t believe that B2 has any equal, especially for the price ($250). I recommend you try the demos on their website.

On that recommendation, I bought the B2 last night, and I must say, I’m not disappointed, it sounds simply beautiful! Thanks Gareth.

620 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Synchrotron says

Hardware favourite is Eventide Space and software probably something from ValhallaDSP. I do like old 80s grainy reverbs as well. As a contrast to the clean and large reverbs in Space.

29 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
+2 more
aj-guitar says

I like Nebula with analoginthebox EAR Rooms & Halls and the Theater-of-Life library.

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
WebRa says

I like Altiverb :)

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
AndyShick says

Altiverb for sure. Especially the EMT Plates. They have a lot of sweet IRs. http://www.audioease.com/IR/VenuePages/reverbgear.html And Lexicon’s PCM Bundle. They’re Random Hall plugin is fantastic for big electric guitars!

68 posts
  • Located in Belarus
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Mexikus says

Lexicon Reveverbs, Altverb, IzOzone

235 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

Lexicon PCM96, Altiverb…

10 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Sneshok says

I Like Lexicone PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle. But usually use only LexHall and LexRoom :)

by
by
by
by
by
by