71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Diesel_J says

Seems this file “does not meet AudioJungle’s strict guidelines and cannot be approved. It was considered too experimental and/or too quirky for our library.”

Really, is this file too “out of touch” for aj or perhaps the reviewer had a bad day?

If the tracks does indeed suck, I’ll benefit from your constructive criticism.

http://soundcloud.com/dieselj/clean

As an experiment, I uploaded and renamed the same track under a different account and accumulated 3 sales in 6 days. Things that make you go hmmmmmm…

97 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
iJozsi says

I don`t think there is any problem with that file. I would`ve accepted it for sure. I think the percussion sounds great in that context of the genre. I used to get quite a few rejection with the “too experimental” argument. But they were probably right in my case, I tend to experiment quite a lot with noises and glitches =)

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Diesel_J says

iJozsi Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t really sure what to make of the “too experimental” rejection.

What’s interesting is that the reviewer has way more experimental files in their portfolio. I’m talking about Enya on meth type of audio files…

Anyways, some of the files in your portfolio/ambient files would be perfect for projects suited for this upcoming Halloween season. Now there’s a marketing opportunity for ya!

97 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
iJozsi says

The Enya on meth thing just cracked me up :))

1136 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

I have listened to your track, and it’s “OK” as it is, Sure i could tell you now, what i personaly would maybe change, but this is realy just a question of everyones taste, ideas etc. . I can imagine, that the track has been rejected, because there is not a huge demand in music like that. Maybe oneday someone would buy it, you never know, but i experienced, that especialy electronic experimental / minimal etc. tracks are realy hard to sell. You maybe better create a complete track out of it, and try to sell it on TRAX instead ?

Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

32 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Japan
+1 more
heartnote says

Hello! :) I’d say the whole idea of “judging” our music doesn’t sound right to me. I believe that the criteria for qualified audio should not have anything to do with aesthetic part of it; because aestheric part is subjective.

I personally think your audio sounds great. It should not be rejected unless there are some objective problems such as bad engineering (mixing for example).

Besides, “experimental” isn’t necessary a bad thing. I wonder if your reviewer knew Arnold Schoenberg. lol

Well, there’s nothing I can do about it but I’ll wish you a good luck!

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

2 month old thread guys ;)

by
by
by
by