139 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
SERFmusic says

Hey everyone!

So it seems to me that there have been a lot of discussion here and there on these forums about sales, item rejections, production quality. So I figure i’d try to bring some positive energy to the forums.

I want to encourage everyone (including myself) to constantly strive to get better at what we do. We are all different in our approach to music but we are all the same in that we want to offer our music with a standard of excellence. I want to encourage all of us to keep learning, studying, and practicing our craft and grow! Don’t let the situations like rejections get you down. By the way, complaining about them typically doesn’t help (or complaining in any area of life for that matter).

Anyways, I want to share something that has literally changed my life in terms of my craft of producing and mixing. I have been following a show on YouTube called Pensado’s Place for the past 7 months. Dave Pensado is a grammy award winning mix engineer and his weekly show features outstanding guests, hands on tips and tricks, Q&A’s about mixing and production, you name it! This is free information too! If you guys are interested and are wanting to step you “production quality” up, then check it out. It has helped me to become much better at producing, mixing, and inspires me.

The url for his channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/pensadosplace?feature=results_main

Check it out if you are interested.

Anyways, just thought i’d share what helped me this year. If you guys have any other things that has helped you, please share :)

Keep making awesome music guys!

285 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+7 more
DarkSunz says

Wow! Thanks for the awesome info!

263 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says

Thanks for your words! I think you really made a point when you said that complaining doesn’t help..

Thanks for the awesome link.. I have a lot to watch now!

1042 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Talk about good timing! A recent track rejection has actually been plaguing my mind of late, and has thrown my creative flow right off balance, so thanks for posting this advice and great resource Cedric! Subscribed :)

139 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
SERFmusic says

Not a W3llm4n and DarkSunz :) We’re in it together.

Matt, i’m glad this was good timing for you! Be encouraged as well because your music is wonderful.

354 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

Very good initiative! Envato┬┤s great community always prevail

175 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
AlexanderRufire says

Really good channel, thank you.

877 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

Talk about good timing! A recent track rejection has actually been plaguing my mind of late, and has thrown my creative flow right off balance, so thanks for posting this advice and great resource Cedric! Subscribed :)

Hi Matt, why not open a support ticket for further feedback?

328 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MValentino says

...here’s the guy! I’ve been reading some complaining about rejections, with some rude and inappropriate comment about Audiojungle and the reviewers. I want to share my experience with you all: a few weeks ago I submitted a little song for kids, and I had a soft rejection Andy Slatter was the reviewer and he kept giving me advices to make the track better and better. I had 2 or 3 soft rejections, but every time Andy was pointing to the exact issue in the track and giving me help to make the track sound better, both on the side of the composition and of the mixing and mastering. The result is that in my opinion the track now is much better than the original. Just to say that even rejections can give a chance to grow up, and I think we have nothing to complain about AJ staff, they’re really supportive. Thanks again Andy ;)

And thanks Serf for sharing the Pensado’s youtube channel :)

877 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

...here’s the guy! I’ve been reading some complaining about rejections, with some rude and inappropriate comment about Audiojungle and the reviewers. I want to share my experience with you all: a few weeks ago I submitted a little song for kids, and I had a soft rejection Andy Slatter was the reviewer and he kept giving me advices to make the track better and better. I had 2 or 3 soft rejections, but every time Andy was pointing to the exact issue in the track and giving me help to make the track sound better, both on the side of the composition and of the mixing and mastering. The result is that in my opinion the track now is much better than the original. Just to say that even rejections can give a chance to grow up, and I think we have nothing to complain about AJ staff, they’re really supportive. Thanks again Andy ;)

You are welcome Marco, and thank you for your positive feedback :)

by
by
by
by
by
by