1716 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

Maybe Envato is thinking about restructuring the Tuts+. Whatever, shutting down a Marketplace permanently makes me surprise. Seems like this is the first Marketplace closed.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Hopefully I can clear up some of the fears and concerns you guys are having. :)

First off, we’re not closing any other marketplaces. 3dOcean and ActiveDen are safe. We’re closing this one because we have another, very similar service on Tuts+ which we believe is a better venue for learning as well as authors earning. Please be sure to read the full explanation here: http://notes.envato.com/news/closing-the-tuts-marketplace/

Zeplix, I’m really sorry to hear you never got the heads-up email. I sent one to every single author on the site. I even double checked and you were on the list. Hopefully I have the right email and it didn’t go to the spam folder.

523 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Zeplix says

Lance, I’ve double checked my email, as well as the spam folder, as well as deleted folder, several days back, and there’s no mails to be found. To be sure I was checking the right one, I also double checked which email address I use here. So I would probably check on your end if other authors did not get the mail. When was this sent out?

That said, a 1 month notice is very short on something like this. I mean, practically half my income from marketplaces disappears quite suddenly. Heck, announcing new marketplaces that aren’t even up and running yet get a longer notice :p Any chance of at least a big sale or something the last 2 weeks or so?

2075 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Lance, I’ve double checked my email, as well as the spam folder, as well as deleted folder, several days back, and there’s no mails to be found. To be sure I was checking the right one, I also double checked which email address I use here. So I would probably check on your end if other authors did not get the mail. When was this sent out? That said, a 1 month notice is very short on something like this. I mean, practically half my income from marketplaces disappears quite suddenly. Heck, announcing new marketplaces that aren’t even up and running yet get a longer notice :p Any chance of at least a big sale or something the last 2 weeks or so?
I’m really sorry about that. Yes, I’ll check that right away. Shoot me an email about your tutorials, would ya?
2075 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Just to keep things in one place, I’m going to lock this and point you to the official thread: http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/closing-the-tuts-marketplace/86760

by
by
by
by
by
by