4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
capabel says

I purchased a picture frame that came in a png. I saved it as a jpg in photoshop and put it on my website, but the picture frame has a white edge outside of the frame and is white. I wanted it to not have any edge outside the picture how do I save the file so it doesn’t have the white edge outside of the frame?

3714 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Are you using photoshop? You can crop the edges there.

1042 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+6 more
survivor says

Why don’t u use the PNG instead of JPG? JPG can’t be transparent, so everything what is transparent in PNG will be filled with color in JPG. If you don’t choose any background, it will be white.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

Why don’t u use the PNG instead of JPG? JPG can’t be transparent, so everything what is transparent in PNG will be filled with color in JPG. If you don’t choose any background, it will be white.

+1. I guess the item itself is in transparent PNG. So you need to size it down for Web purpose, be sure to choose the PNG option in export format :)

131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeWork says

There are some things you can do, crop it off course, be sure to ‘save it for web’ and choose the right settings. Always make sure that if you have a picture and you want to save it as is that the canvas size of the photoshop file is the same as the picture you are trying to save.

4 posts
capabel says

Ok the initial picture I had I saved as a .gif and it worked great. I tried doing a .png but since it’s for a website it ended up being a really large file. I do have photoshop, but only c3 because it’s soooo expensive. I did have another .png that I wanted to save as a gif, but when I try and do save for web device that option is grayed out?? Can you save large .png to gif so it’s a smaller file and still have a clear background?

Thanks again for all the help I love this site and have purchased a ton of images already!

3714 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

But if you’re using the save for web option, can’t you save a png which is small size?

4 posts
capabel says

But if you’re using the save for web option, can’t you save a png which is small size?

As explained in my last post I don’t have the save for web option when I open the png files i’ve purchased here.

3714 posts
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

You could download the free trial of CS6 from adobe, and try using that.

by
by
by
by
by
by