• Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

@creattive: Well, as long it’s in sync but you only have to move it 1 frame, it shoudln’t be a problem?! Whenever you like to work with one of my files and you need a preview, just drop me a line and I will send you a 100% reliable WAV file! (Cooperation would be very appreciated, I also do completely customized sounds & fx for VH authors, some examples you’ll find on the bottom of my profile page)

1990 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

If you google around a bit you’ll see that this is pretty much commonplace with a lot of mp3 encoding. That’s the reason why mp3 files don’t loop well right off the bat.

And this is why, as you say, you’re not noticing a difference between the preview.mp3 and the mainFile.mp3. They have the same gap of silence, whereas the wav file doesn’t.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gapless_playback#Compression_artifacts
Thank you very much Adrien. I didn’t know it’s that way. I knew there can occur gaps, but I always thought it’s the player producing these. But now this is clear!
2060 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

@creattive: Well, as long it’s in sync but you only have to move it 1 frame, it shoudln’t be a problem?!

Well the problem here is usability. Buyers of videohive templates are often unexperienced in the editing programm, just drag and drop the music into the timeline and it’s synced automatically is the way almost all videohivers go.

It’s not always one frame, depending on the projects fps and the software used for mp3 encoding (I guess). So now our buyers need to figure out how many frames the sound needs to be shifted, and this is not practicable.

70 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frozensatellite says

As far as I know you can not exactly convert a wav file to an mp3, since there is always a bit of additional milliseconds to the mp3. Game engines such as Unity even consider that and let you either automatically or manually adjust the mp3 sync to let files loop correctly.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I of course try to serve my customers the best way possible, but mp3 is not perfect, it is just the most used file format and the “not being in sync” issue is a long time problem especially for games since ages.

498 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bosone says

Recently a similar problem was reported on one of my tracks used in a video. I just donwnloaded the mp3, made a wav exacly in sync with the mp3 and reupload the wav using the “EDIT” function in my item. it was accepted less than one hour later.

235 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
backgroundmusic says

You remind me of this problem. As far as I know, that gap that creates during mp3 encoding is never the same. So the only solution is to matched wave form as someone already said. It should probably do the authors from AJ, but it`s very important that the authors from VH participate in this kind of discussion.

So, I have a question for thread starter, Creattive, on what basis you make choice when looking for music for your next project?
634 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Blinn says

I had this once before outside of Audiojungle. I was working on an ambient track and I exported the file as both an MP3 and a WAV. To my surprise, the WAV was fine while the MP3 desynced a bit. I’ll be sticking with WAV files from now on when I upload them to Audiojungle, as there was no desync. This is especially important for looped sound effects.

And please, if anyone buys a sound of mine and finds a problem with it, let me know so I can fix it. :)

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
alkis says

I know this is happening, I’ve heard it before from videohive authors. So here’s my input:

So, PLEASE audiojunglers, take care that your preview is 100% in sync with your actual file, so that customers of our animation and your sounds can just drag and drop them into the timeline.
Important: Most of us make our preview file just by enabling/disabling an additional audio channel/track, which includes the preview voice/watermark. So it should be perfectly in sync.

So in my opinion, it’s either the probable re-encoding that happens when you upload it in audiojungle (the preview file changes name to preview.mp3 for example, I’m not sure if this is the only alteration happening to the file automatically by audiojungle’s back-end system), OR it’s the wav to mp3 thing you guys are referring to in the comments.

Most producers work within tempo grids, so it’s really difficult to accidentally export the preview file between different markers.

I find it very disheartening that this happens and it has put me to worry and I’d love to see it being solved, so keep this thread going guys..!

2060 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

I think there is no applicable solution to this. I’ve thought about some but they all have problems:

1. Videohivers shifting the preview back in time, according to the gap the preview has.

Problem 1: If the final sound is provided in mp3 and NOT wav, this method would not work since then the buyer has to shift the mp3 backwards as well. Problem 2: If the audiojungle author wanted to fix that issue by adding a gap to the wav, that matches with the preview, this method backfires and again the buyer need to make the shift the vh-author has made.

2. Audiojungle authors adding a gap to the wav so that they match with the preview Problem: you can never be sure that all audiojunglers do that. Problem 2: loops don’t loop anymore.

The most applicable solution would be adding the gap to the wav on everything that’s not a loop. But this needs to be controlled that everyone does that.

I will open a new thread in “all marketplaces” so that videohivers can see this too. will post a link here.

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
alkis says

Unfortunately solution 2 would make editing impossible. That’s why we state ‘bpm tempo’ in the upload form, so that people can edit the tracks within an audio grid. But I guess it’s a 50-50 situation, I understand what you’re saying.

by
by
by
by
by
by