2286 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Hey audiojunglers,

I’m here as a videohiver talking to you.

I’ve bought 9 logo sounds today which I am going to feature in videohive projects. I’ve made the animations using the preview you can download at your items page.

After buying these sounds I’ve seen that they are NOT 100% in sync with the preview files. Some of them needed to be shifted forwards/backwards in time to sync up.

So, PLEASE audiojunglers, take care that your preview is 100% in sync with your actual file, so that customers of our animation and your sounds can just drag and drop them into the timeline.

Many videohivers use the preview for designing their animations and we are depending on the actual file syncing up with that.

Kind regards,
Tobi

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi everyone (and Tobi)
Tobi scared me a bit! Of course the file should be in sync. I immediately checked my own previews, but they even are phase synchronized….wow :stress:.
IMO there could be three different causes for that problem:
1: Somebody doesn’t make the preview out of the original files 2: The preview is a mp3, maybe the decoder (in your case the Videosoftware’s decoder) could slightly timestretch or do something else wrong. 3: The encoder doesn’t encode properly.

I always encode with my Mastering Software Sequoia, which seems to do a great job (o.k., it costs $3000.- , it has to do a great job…) . But it would be interesting with what other people work and if it’s still phase accurate when decoding from mp3! Or was it just problem Nr. 1 from above?

+9 more
Creattive says

It may be a problem at my end but I’ve checked with several programs, including Adobe Audition.

I’ve checked all 9 files and sad statistic: 8 files are not 100% sync.

I have a composition with a framerate of 29,97 fps.

7 of the 9 files need to be pushed one frame forward (about 30ms) to sync up with the preview.

1 file is about half a frame wrong,

1 file is perfect in sync.

I admit 30ms is barely noticeable but it should be synced.

It looks like there’s a problem with wav and mp3. Every time I get mp3 and wav and compare it to the mp3 preview the mp3 versions are more synced than the wav.

2010 posts
+8 more

Hi Toby I just found something out, as I double checked this again:
The files are EXACTLY in sync, but the don’t start at the same time! But after teh work phase accurate to the end. But now it would be interesting, how it works on your machine. I uploaded two original identical files, one as a mp3, one as wav: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/njeblwdqzw0vg0d/SroS8gg6f_
That would be interesting what happens to them when you decode (or import) them!?

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
830 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

I am confused..Logo files need to be made to fit into FPS rates or am i totally psychedelic right now?

2010 posts
+8 more

I am confused..Logo files need to be made to fit into FPS rates or am i totally psychedelic right now?

Don’t worry, that’s the videohive authors job :) As a AJ author we just should deliver a preview that is the same as the ZIP item.

+9 more
Creattive says

The files are EXACTLY in sync, but the don’t start at the same time

yes, that’s what I mean. they don’t start at the same time, what results in the sound coming too early/late when played with the animation.

I’ve downloaded your both files and the mp3 starts about 27ms later. That’s about one frame in ntsc.

3217 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

If you google around a bit you’ll see that this is pretty much commonplace with a lot of mp3 encoding. That’s the reason why mp3 files don’t loop well right off the bat.

And this is why, as you say, you’re not noticing a difference between the preview.mp3 and the mainFile.mp3. They have the same gap of silence, whereas the wav file doesn’t.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gapless_playback#Compression_artifacts
+9 more
Creattive says

I’ve thought it’s something like that, nevertheless I’ve come across some logos where even the mp3 was not in sync with the preview.

But I think this is something worth mentioning. Okay, 1 frame is not the world but quick impacts shall go sync, why do we time our projects exactly at the right frame if in the end it’s the compression that kills the workflow.

Kind of destroys the idea of working with the watermarked preview :(

512 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
bosone says

Thanks for pointing out this.

If anyone has problems with my stingers please contact me, i will edit the waves so that they will be exactly the same length of the mp3. Actually I never noticed this.

by
by
by
by
by
by