276 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
JumaStudios says

Do you guys have any planning regarding your uploads? Or at least you set yourself a standard of uploading on a weekly basis or something?

Ugliest thing is that it happened more than once for me to upload and the items to get reviewed in the weekend. Probably less buyers are looking for stuff and so those few hours your item stays on the main page can’t be fully exploited.

Guess I will calculate from now and not rush with uploading the track as soon as I consider it done. 12 days queue…so I gotta upload probably on a thursday,friday…

KabbalisticVillage
KabbalisticVillage Recent Posts Threads Started
850 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KabbalisticVillage says

I was thinking the same thing…i just go for it and hope it doesnt pop out on a weekend.I try to compose at least two tracks a week for here..or at least some fx or a logo/ident – I am still new here though so we will see what works best.

100 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Located in Ukraine
+2 more
PolygraphMusic says

Very interesting thread. I count 12 days from today and see what day it will be. And if it will be Saturday or Sunday I don’t upload my items)

And time of uploading is important too i suppose. I noticed that if i upload my file at night, 12 days later it will be approved at night too. So I started to upload my tracks at 12:00 AM (CET) so they can be approved in the morning New York time and at peak business hours in Europe.

What other members think about planing days and hours of uploads? And the second question, how much buyers from Asia do we have on AJ?=) Cuz when Europe and USA begin to work, in Japan, for example, has evening time already.

p.s. sorry for my English. Grammar is not excellent.

276 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+4 more
JumaStudios says

I guess due to time zones differences and also because of the fact that our buyers don’t necceserally work in an office, the buying process occurs almost 24h/day. Of course with highs and lows. But yes, as I said before, I try (at least from now on) to time my uploads so the review doesnt get done in the weekend.

632 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Most of my sales occur between 9:00 am New York time till about 8:00 pm LA time. I’ve discussed this with a lot of authors here and it really looks like most clients are American. I did have a short period where a lot of my sales happened earlier than that and I suspect I may have had a few European clients.

It seems AudioJungle is not widely known in asia. I’ve only seen a handful of Asian authors and during Asian working hours I normally don’t see sales.

As for approval day, unless it’s a really popular and fast moving genre like corporate/motivational or cinematic/action-adventure I really don’t think it’s too important as your item will stay up at the front of that genre for a week or so…

549 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
Celestial-Sound says

Never though about that it matters when you upload an item. Helpfull thread, thanks :)

632 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Never though about that it matters when you upload an item. Helpfull thread, thanks :)

It really doesn’t for most genres. A lot of people here do jump on the “corporate/motivational” bandwagon and since those tracks move pretty quickly (there’s at least a dozen new ones every day) it can be important for some authors. Of course if you’re a top author here with some brand recognition, then yeah customers will search through your library for your stuff so I think day of approval matters a lot less for them.

But really if you’re song is in any of the other genres aside from the two I mentioned earlier (and maybe cinematic/romantic that one also moves quite fast) I’d say your item will stay in front for that genre for nearly a week, if not longer depending on the genre (some of my choral music and packs have been at the front of their respective pages for nearly half a year LOL)

100 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Located in Ukraine
+2 more
PolygraphMusic says

it’s logic and statistics)

235 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
backgroundmusic says

I was just thinking about this subject today. Guess I`ll start to calculate timing too, although I don`t think it will bring any significant contribution to my sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by