356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

Hello,

I can’t seem to find any answer in the forum. What I would like to know is, if I am using PayPal to withdraw my earnings, will there be any transaction fees being applied to me? I am really confused whether the transaction fees listed here is applicable to us authors here in Envato Marketplace who are withdrawing money using this method?

https://www.paypal.com/my/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

Besides, will there be any extra charges if the transaction amount exceeds certain figure, assuming there is no transaction fees? I am living in Malaysia by the way.

Thanks for replying!

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Hey billyf,

For withdrawals, Envato pays the transaction fees, although you may be charged on the conversion rate :)

1837 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

Hey billyf, For withdrawals, Envato pays the transaction fees, although you may be charged on the conversion rate :)

Yes! I think they take a 4% fee for the Indian Rupee

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
allvisual says

Bonjour je suis nouveau sur votre site j’ai acheté des gains pour télécharger des templates et malheurement mon compte reste toujours 0 . combien de temps dois je attendre pour que ce compte devienne positive. Merci de votre réponse.

63 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
AgentVIP says

Bonjour je suis nouveau sur votre site j’ai acheté des gains pour télécharger des templates et malheurement mon compte reste toujours 0 . combien de temps dois je attendre pour que ce compte devienne positive. Merci de votre réponse.

Bonjour, le transfert peut prendre entre 3-5 jours si c’est un virement bancaire ou chèque électronique.

PayPal est le transaction? S’il l’était, vous devriez envisager de contacter le support (Mais je pense en anglais seulement) et / ou envisager d’ouvrir un nouveau sujet en anglais (si possible)

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/List
356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
billyf says

Hey billyf, For withdrawals, Envato pays the transaction fees, although you may be charged on the conversion rate :)
Thanks for the reply :) Great to hear that Envato is paying the transaction fees for us. It would seem to be the best withdrawal method among all the options there ;)
2440 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

Thanks for the reply :) Great to hear that Envato is paying the transaction fees for us. It would seem to be the best withdrawal method among all the options there ;)

Indeed, you receive the full amount that you requested on withdrawal, in your Paypal account. But remember that Paypal will take 4% when you withdraw to your credit card. So, for $500 that you receive from Envato, Paypal will take $20 when sending the money to your card.

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Malaysia
billyf says

Indeed, you receive the full amount that you requested on withdrawal, in your Paypal account. But remember that Paypal will take 4% when you withdraw to your credit card. So, for $500 that you receive from Envato, Paypal will take $20 when sending the money to your card.
Thanks for the information! Actually, in Malaysia, we can withdraw the money into our local bank account directly and as I know, there is no processing fees if it exceeds RM400 (~130USD). The only problem is that the exchange rate is usually quite low for us though.
3428 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

That’s also not true in Romania. PayPal only takes $2.5 / transaction, so for each $500 you loose only $2.5.. Actually, i never heard of PayPal taking commission on withdrawals..

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

The problem is that your account is/might be EURO and the bank will convert the USD to EURO, according to their buy/sell convertion rates.

by
by
by
by
by
by