• Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

Envato is the messenger, don’t shoot the messenger, shoot the hacker who made the fake payment in the first place!

envato is no messenger but a store.

4585 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey collis! I have a question for you. When a sale reversal occurs, and the account is disabled (yet the user managed to get the license key) is the license key still available? If I check it on the API do I get any response from it or does it appear as an invalid license key? Thanks.
The license key becomes invalid as soon as the account is disabled :-)
So… if we disable our account that means we void our licenses that we purchased??! Can someone please explain this to us because we’re getting ready to look for alternative vendors to purchase stock materials from and we’ll be disabling our account very soon once we find a new solution.

Why exactly would you need to disable your account? You’re fine to purchase from wherever you want, there’s no reason to disable your account for that :-)

1069 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
IngeniousArtist says

I’d also recommend, as in another thread, that envato use IP Blocking for troublesome/fraudulent buyers who make phony purchases, or “serial refunders” who are likely pirates. Although IPs can be spoofed/proxied, at least having some manner of IP Blacklist is a smart idea (it’s what I do in my business; when I get a fraudulent/bad order, I IP-block that location from ever being able to try and buy again, which reduces the bad customer/fraud workload).

That might result in some problems in countries like ours… You see, in our country, Many ISP providers give out shared connections (no wonder the speed gets slow :P )... They have the same ip…
And so it is a problem if you block out one ip, the others get blocked too ;)
For Ex : If two authors have same connection, and one guy is fraudulent, the other guys gets punished also…

122 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
bouncy says

overall, its hurts like a girl friend would have left you

4585 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says
You didn’t answer my question. When we disable our account, our licenses are instantly voided??

You would want to go through Support if you were wanting to disable your account and keep your licenses. They’d be able to help you out :-)

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Geneus says

You didn’t answer my question. When we disable our account, our licenses are instantly voided??
You would want to go through Support if you were wanting to disable your account and keep your licenses. They’d be able to help you out :-)
Thank you! We’ll be sure to contact support! Who knows, maybe we’ll be back once things get fixed around here.

Why so serious? :) Yes, to some extent I agree with the community’s disappointment of feeling shortchanged and not accepting of the fact that envato, a huge, established marketplace seemingly does not have security measures and refined steps in addressing fraudulent activity.

With that being said, going and deactivating your account due to fraudulent activity, on the Internet no less, is akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water. I have faith they will rectify any errors on their part and implement tighter security protocol but you are somewhat over reacting.

Anything distributed digitally is bound to have excessive security risk and no marketplace can guarantee you such won’t happen. Good luck finding one!

82 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
mattborchert says

Yep, you simply won’t survive on the internet selling digital goods if you cannot accept that people are going to pirate what you do. The important thing is that enough legitimate buyers support what you do for you to continue being in business.

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

I can’t get the point around all this discussion; imho, as long as the system works legitimately, i wouldn’t want any money for something i haven’t sold.

102 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
LeAmino says
A ‘sale reversal’ as it is shown on your statement is not a refund to a buyer, nor is it the result of any kind of dispute process initiated by the purchaser based on the quality of an item.
Glad to hear that :p Thanks :D
809 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

Envato Approach to Sales Reversals FAILED. Because those peoples are STILL getting everything for FREE.

I am selling on other marketplaces too but never saw this kind of failure there.

by
by
by
by
by
by