107 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Zineb_Chraibi says

Yes Envato, you have to really get your act together with this search engine. If I type “Zineb” ...nothing comes up, If I search zineb chraibi…again…no results…chraibi….no results,,,,zineb_chraibi…BINGO! But seriously, do we really have to search our EXACT artist name to get results?

What if a customer who bought something from me 3 weeks ago wants to visit my catalog again to hear new stuff, but then searches my name: zineb chraibi….and nothing comes up? I think this is a problem for all of us. I tried searching “Tim”...why isn’t the top seller, Tim McMorris turning up in the search results?

Also, another Christmas present to kick off 2014 would be to protect us composers (and Envato) from a huge company like Proctor and Gamble or Coca Cola or General Motors, Honda, Toyota, etc from getting a track for $8.50 for their national worldwide advertising campaign. I really am perplexed as to why this extremely important issue is not being addressed? Do you guys really want to risk leaving money on the table when these companies are very willing to pay $10,000 for a track on their national and worldwide advertising campaigns? I hope this never happens, but it can! So can you please do something about it for 2014? or at least make some sort of a statement about the issue?

Sorry to get off topic…maybe we need to start a thread about this risk?

787 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
AlumoAudio says

Alumo Audio = Album Audio

Quite ironic. Now available on iTunes, Amazon and CDBaby ;)

I do agree that having to search for the exact username configuration is a little cumbersome however, especially if there are no spaces in double barrelled usernames or those containing extraneous characters.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Site Manager
  • United States
EricSchwartz Staff says

I just did an AudioJungle search for my own username and the suggestion I got for “other possible searches” was “pink bra”. Can anyone beat that?

Oh didn’t you know? We’ve started a partnership with Victoria Secret selling undergarments on our new marketplace LingerieValley – just kidding! :)

But seriously good points all around. I’ve put in an email to Search Team with everyone’s concerns and ideas. Thanks for posting!

1937 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

I can’t beat pink bra, but got a bunch of others. I like ‘mat steamer’, ‘mat striker’ and ‘mat stinger’ :D

1326 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

Ok I don’t understand :D If I search for my username it just find me as author, where are the other possible searches?

Mat Steamer is cool but Pink Bra is unbeatable

787 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
AlumoAudio says

Ok I don’t understand :D If I search for my username it just find me as author, where are the other possible searches?

Mat Steamer is cool but Pink Bra is unbeatable

Try it with a space between your names. So in your case; ‘luca francini’. Hope that helps Mr. Francis! ;)

1326 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

:D like Francis the talking mule. Cool! 8-)

235 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
backgroundmusic says

I can’t beat pink bra, but got a bunch of others. I like ‘mat steamer’, ‘mat striker’ and ‘mat stinger’ :D

I like this one, mat striker, strikes again! Sounds like an action hero! hahaha but the bra is still a bra…especially pink, it’s hard to compete with that. :bigsmile:

michellerobinson
michellerobinson Recent Posts
Threads Started
48 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
michellerobinson Staff says

These are definitely all good points – we are not happy with the way these are working either. These 2 search improvements are a work in progress and these are known issues that are on our list to address. I know they seem like small issues but the fix is a little more complicated than its seems and will take a bit of time to get right. We decided to put them out there even though they are not perfect, as we thought they were at least a little more helpful (on certain occasions) then not being there at all.

366 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
MusicBoxStudios says

Well, I couldn’t have chosen a worse (more used) name! There are countless Music Box Studios that show up, mine being on like page 3. :(

Next time I’m going with “BlackDudeMakesMusicInHisHouse”

That’s sure to produce better results! No?

Edit: We were searching Google right? lol On AJ search I show up as is.

by
by
by
by
by
by