• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+4 more
flashjunkie says
@ SaafiDesign “exactly, if you don’t like it, don’t use it.” If you have “your very own opinions”, please state them to make some sense to this thread, but dont just second your manager to be smarmy…this wont add an extra icon under your avatar… + if i was envato’s permanent employee, i would be more careful with the tone of what i am typing here as this may make an wrong impression between authors…have a nice working day :D

Incredibly rude!

I think it is YOU who needs to watch what they are typing, offending staff members and members of the reviewing team is not going to do you any favours, let alone the fact you are showing bad-attitude to a very popular and respected author and long time community member, Be careful Thomas.

4514 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

Make files… not war

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
Make files… not war

+1

988 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
@ SaafiDesign “exactly, if you don’t like it, don’t use it.” If you have “your very own opinions”, please state them to make some sense to this thread, but dont just second your manager to be smarmy…this wont add an extra icon under your avatar… + if i was envato’s permanent employee, i would be more careful with the tone of what i am typing here as this may make an wrong impression between authors…have a nice working day :D
Incredibly rude! I think it is YOU who needs to watch what they are typing, offending staff members and members of the reviewing team is not going to do you any favours, let alone the fact you are showing bad-attitude to a very popular and respected author and long time community member, Be careful Thomas.

FJ,i think here you are acting “a little sensitive” beeng a staff member. You schould please go back to read several other posts before giving advices to see that actually i have been the one who gets offended first…the “reply with comment” you did is showing only my reaction to their posts. You need to be more constructive on the issue and not just see it from your little window.

Whatever, i hope i have cleared my self + the last thing i would want to do is make some staff members angry as i know this is never for the author benefit…but then, in return i ask the same from the staff…beeng staff doesnt make you (or any other) something special on here. You and all other respected members are nothing less or more than me or anyother new seller on here. Beeng a new seller, doesnt mean i am a new to this industry, i am just new to envato but with ton of experiences and tricks in the bag (which obviously you dont know and have no reason to know in order to respect me). I wish, you did warned your colleagues before you warning me to be careful

Peace.

4 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
success1 says

Just wondering if I could get my answer before jumping on someone’s negative attitude.

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
532 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
LeatherwingStudios says
I am building in the near future a replicated marketing site system

not completely sure what you mean by “replicated marketing site” but the license terms here have recently become very clear. if you buy the Single Use license you get to use the item on a single project. And if you need to use it on another project you must buy it again. If you buy the 10 Project license you get to use it…well…10 times! :) they have talked about another license option at 50x the price but I don’t know the status of that.

on one hand I am pleased that FD has clarified their licensing. on the other hand it has caused me to shop around at other sites before buying here because it is sometimes possible to get better license terms.

in your case, if you are building something that will be resold many times you’d probably do better to negotiate terms directly with an author or a freelancer. but, if the item you want is being sold here exclusively you might be out of luck.

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
success1 says

Thanks jim…any other comments or clairifications?

1257 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says
“10 for a price of 6-7” or narrow the number at the licence like “5 for cost of 3”...this is still very good offer for the buyer.

I am one buyer who does not agree!

prior to all this new licensing stuff, FlashDen was the only stock Flash site I ever purchased from. now that FD states explicitly that each purchase is single use I have found other stock Flash sites that offer unlimited use for the single price. so now I shop those first. that is unfortunate for FD authors since, as a practical matter, I’m unlikely to ever use an item more than once anyway. but this new restriction makes me explore other options before purchasing at FD.

there is a story of a goose who laid golden eggs and the owner got greedy and…well, you know the rest of the story. :)

I agree with this, no other AE project site restricts usage to a single project, and initially these were not sold with that restriction in place.

If you compare other AE project sites, none of them says you can only use it on a single project. It should be made clear that multiple licenses are needed for example for graphic designers who use it for multiple client projects, but what about those of us who don’t do client work?

For example when I buy an after effects template here I expected to be able to use it on videos for several of my own websites, not have to buy a new license for each use. It would help to clarify things, eg it’s fine to charge, I think, multiple times for a graphic designer who’s being paid multiple times by different clients… but for us single business producers, the regular license should be as it is on all the other after effects template sites I buy from, which doesn’t have a single-usage restriction.

Please clarify – if I am a single business I am allowed to buy a template and use it on several different videos on my own different sites, right?

thx,

k

475 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 8-9 years
cyan Staff says

Hi guys, I hope you don’t mind, but as there are multiple discussions about licences going on it’s getting very difficult for us to read everyone’s comments and not miss everything.

So I’m going to close this thread and consolidate everything to this thread.

Please come over and have a read! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by