206 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

I just finished a new theme and would like some comments. Envanto suggested I post here before resubmitting. It is difficult to pinpoint their specific aesthetic requirements to get approved, so I’m looking for Comments:

This theme has a light and Dark Version:

Light: http://showcase2.pixel8tion.net/

Dark: http://showcase.pixel8tion.net/

TF thinks the dark background is distracting ( I completely disagree) and they want me to design-it-up a bit…

comments appreciated

189 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
settysantu says

i liked the Dark theme, my opinion is to change a:link color btw nice work

93 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alexhughes says

I like, Dark especially has more of a flair to it, but both very nice.

536 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in Croatia
+2 more
darius9000 says

both your templates are cool!

744 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fisch79 says

Dark … better :D

206 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

Both would come with the template incase someone wants to go light or dark withthe design…

I was hoping for suggestions to get this past the reviewers and up for sale. TF denied it the first time.

156 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SachaG says

I like it, but since that won’t help you here are the things I don’t like:

- the logo typography is kind of ugly… maybe choose a different font ?

- the light version lacks contrast, the text is not very readable

- I personally don’t like the “bouncing” easing effect

- the categories menu is a little hard to figure out because it seems like “current:featured” is a link, too, when it’s not. You should fix this, because otherwise the menu is a great idea. You could even make it the selling point of your template, by making it stand more and ajaxifying the featured area.

- although your theme is pretty nice, there’s a ton of competition in that particular area (wordpress portfolio themes). It really needs to stand out more (like I said, maybe do something with the drop down menu), and give people a reason to buy it rather than another theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by