I know support sometimes gets a bad rep in the forums, but I’ve got to say, I couldn’t be happier with them.One of my items got ripped off for the first time – like, shamelessly ripped off. Once I got over the fact someone could actually do that, I considered my options.
- Hunt the kid down (because we all know real adults have a better conscience than that)
- Comments galore on the item (which I know would get ‘reported’ but alas, I could have some fun there)
- Email the kid using the mom voice, i.e. you should be ashamed of yourself! (this might have happened)
- Contact Support
So, I drafted my first DMCA Notice, signed it, scanned it, and sent it along with a farewell-to-your-file kiss. In my ‘ok, now I just have to patiently wait and hope no one else buys the item’ moment, I sent out a little tweet to support. Within 24 hours, support tweeted me back, asked me my support ticket #, and that file is finally removed Thanks support, you guys rock.
My only suggestion with this being my first DMCA experience, is wishing I could apply a high priority to copyright infringements when submitting a support ticket. I hated seeing the file up and hated even more that someone could purchase the file while I waited for resolve.
Anyway, I would hate to be that kid’s karma
Sorry to hear that!
I am very glad to see someone is hailing the Envato Support team for once! They do a great job behind the scenes and are thoroughly appreciated, at least by me.
Just a note, copyright discussion etc is not allowed on the forums, so please, let’s keep this thread clean and as a thank you to Support, or else I will have to lock it.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.