3 posts Marketplace Data Analyst
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
fsveta Staff says

Hi everyone! I have seen a few threads from authors about sales recently and I wanted to share with you some information about the number of sales on our Marketplaces.

Last month, (October 2012) was a record month in the number of sales for our Marketplaces, the biggest so far! A big thanks to everyone for their contribution :)

Although it has been a successful month overall, please keep in mind that authors will experience sales individually, according to a variety of factors (including the number of items they have in their portfolio, item quality, new submissions, etc.)

This is also important to remember when you see someone commenting about their sales on the forums, as individual profiles will fluctuate and are not an accurate representation of the Marketplace sales as a whole.

From the historical data I’ve seen, each month has been a new record in terms of sales and this is still going up. Fluctuations can occur for a variety of reasons, such as when we run Bundles, short vs long months and seasonal changes. For example, a few days before and after Christmas there is usually a decline in the number of sales. This is because most people are not working at this time.

However, we have seen that sales in the following months usually make up for these seasonal fluctuations. (Although it is a bit early I want to take this chance to say, Happy Holiday everyone!)

I hope that helps everyone.

5074 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Hi, as the market place data analyst, and a thread with such an illustrious title, i was hoping to see stats.

1405 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Happy holiday to you too and thank you for the post!

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

There are 9 different marketplaces running through Envato. Just a “Record month” is not sufficient to celebrate! More detail please ;)

Last month was my record one too in some way by numbers / growth – but this info doesn’t going to help anyone :D

Btw, these kind of info from staff always reminds me why marketplace specific improvements are not happening here. The entire development process runs behind overall growth than making individual marketplaces efficiency up.

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

There are 9 different marketplaces running through Envato. Just a “Record month” is not sufficient to celebrate! More detail please ;)

Last month was my record one too in some way by numbers / growth – but this info doesn’t going to help anyone :D

Btw, these kind of info from staff always reminds me why marketplace specific improvements are not happening here. The entire development process runs behind overall growth than making individual marketplaces efficiency up.

+1

660 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
videologio says

Hey, we have a record in the number of authors too, right? But I dont know if there is a record in the number of active authors. what about it?

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

we should understand that actual figures and data are what we may call “corporate secret”. I would love to see all those info, especially what top terms buyers search on envato for each particular marketplace, but it can’t be done :)

Off course envato could prove me wrong and post all those data online for everyone to see.

2001 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
revaxarts says

...and a record of submitted items (534) :shocked:

582 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

Hi, as the market place data analyst, and a thread with such an illustrious title, i was hoping to see stats.

+1

Anyway, October was a record month also for me but this November is going to be a legend so far :D

1142 posts
  • Brazil
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+2 more
RafaelOliveira says

Thanks for share man :) October was good for me too!

by
by
by
by
by
by