2045 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

I know you should not need what I’m about to say, especially for a expensive laptop but compressed air in a can, turn it upside down and spray the bottom…. wow, it gets cool fast! I believe its compressed nitrogen or something like that so when you turn it upside down you get liquid coming out not air. :bigevilgrin:

Pretty sure they’re not made to run in antarctica level conditions, but I’d love to see someone build a nitrogen cooled macbook.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

I know you should not need what I’m about to say, especially for a expensive laptop but compressed air in a can, turn it upside down and spray the bottom…. wow, it gets cool fast! I believe its compressed nitrogen or something like that so when you turn it upside down you get liquid coming out not air. :bigevilgrin:
Pretty sure they’re not made to run in antarctica level conditions, but I’d love to see someone build a nitrogen cooled macbook.

Well, Im not poring nitrogen on it, but its enough to cool down the body and in result cool down the inside.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
xdkd says
nitrogen cooled macbook.

Sadly that would not be enough for my 1st gen Air

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

nitrogen cooled macbook.

What spec is that?

2045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

nitrogen cooled macbook.
What spec is that?

Would be a core 2 duo – wouldn’t be surprised if he’s getting 200 fahrenheit.

2045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Also, one more thing that annoys me is not something wrong with the macbook – web developers! I used to think “Who cares about sticking to a 960 or 1000 grid? Pointless, everyone has a higher resolution!” And yes, I do have 1440×900, however I like to keep my browser window at 1024 (Default width) because I feel more comfortable having all that white space (or I guess you’d call it “galaxy space since I have the default ML wallpaper) around my browser.

Also starting to hate 11 pixel fonts. It’s bearable but when I go to a site and the main content is 11 pixels, I can’t read it from a “laptop” viewing distance. Every web developer should have a laptop so they can understand the frustrations and SOLVE the problems.

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Thats a point i was gonna ask other devs, i always used to use 11px and lately been upping it to 12px. Wonder what the average recommended at least for clarity is.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
xdkd says
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/ although I find 16px too small as well, but at least that’s something.
2045 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Thats a point i was gonna ask other devs, i always used to use 11px and lately been upping it to 12px. Wonder what the average recommended at least for clarity is.

12 is okay for meta, 13 is good for say a menu, and for main content (say, content on a blog) I really recommend 15 or 16. This is the best in my opinion.

by
by
by
by
by
by