1257 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

I have never seen a Youtube vid issue within an iframe ( via the marketplaces )
Me neither, not a single one. Could someone post up a link? You guys made me curious about it.

Here is an example of my latest item: http://codecanyon.net/item/envato-discounts-for-woocommerce/full_screen_preview/3969740

See how the page is blank, but if you remove it the youtube page is all good.

It make sense now, however instead of posting a link to an URL, you could just embed a video on your website (full-screen or w/e), the thing is that your script removes the top-bar with the purchase button. Anyway I find your tool really useful in some cases so thanks for posting it.

2024 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

You can’t frame youtube itself but you can embed a youtube video and frame that page

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

You can’t frame youtube itself but you can embed a youtube video and frame that page

Yes, this is more direct though and removes the need to create a page etc. The frame also breaks Facebook tabs (not a huge issues for most but I know of a few popular CC items that link to them that appear broken because of the bar.) and some other popular sites people use for video demos. I remember coming across a lot of them last month, not sure if envato knows this – maybe its time to create a White List for domains to not use the bar on?

NoFra.me also stops a lot of the in-browser proxies like HideMyAss.com from messing with your site as well.

Was just an example, there are many other cases where removing the frame is handy and this removes the need to make a frame buster for your site.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

http://nofra.me/8 Does it break out of the frame for you?
Doing it wrong, you would insert the URL of your demo not the entire ThemeForest URL. Then edit your item to use the noFrame URL as your live demo url.

I was doing it wrong because there were no clear instructions for me to do it right :)

Anyway, there’s another thing about frame breakers, that authors should be aware of. As far as I know (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), reviewers (soft)reject items submitted with a live demo URL that breaks out of the frame. Remember, Jonathan ? :)

Maybe that’s changed now?

3020 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

oh! that makes sense now. Yes. framing the youtube site itself is a no go (just like framing facebook etc..). But the actual embedded videos can be in as many frames as you like.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says
Anyway, there’s another thing about frame breakers, that authors should be aware of. As far as I know (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), reviewers (soft)reject items submitted with a live demo URL that breaks out of the frame. Remember, Jonathan ? :) Maybe that’s changed now?

I do remember something but in all honesty – it’s my theme, my server and my earnings therefore it’s by banner with my affiliate code on the button when clicked and the sale still goes through ThemeForest – if they want to pay for the hosting then they can advertise at the top – Since having my own banner my affiliate click thru’s and earnings have gone beyond a percentage increase (I could work it out but I’ve basically gone from almost none to quite a few :) )

I don’t advertise my own theme store off that banner – it’s basically just the same as TF’s but my identity (as they are my products) and I can offer a drop down to get to my other products if they don’t like the one they are viewing.

It just makes sense. But then again if it’s against the rules in some way, even though everyone does it, then I have no idea what Jonathan just said, he’s had a long day and we use the TF banner of course!

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

http://nofra.me/8 Does it break out of the frame for you?
Doing it wrong, you would insert the URL of your demo not the entire ThemeForest URL. Then edit your item to use the noFrame URL as your live demo url.

I was doing it wrong because there were no clear instructions for me to do it right :)

Anyway, there’s another thing about frame breakers, that authors should be aware of. As far as I know (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), reviewers (soft)reject items submitted with a live demo URL that breaks out of the frame. Remember, Jonathan ? :)

Maybe that’s changed now?

Not sure what their stance on this is, I know about 95% of the elite authors on ThemeForest do it though, and the URL can always be changed after approval ;)

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SteveSolanki says

You could use youtube it like this http://www.youtube.com/embed/9bZkp7q19f0?wmode=opaque

Thanks

1257 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

Or even like this: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/9bZkp7q19f0?wmode=opaque (just put /v/ between the YouTube url and the unique id of any video)

by
by
by
by
by
by