708 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Hi friends of Themforest, I’m an author of AJ and I was thinking about “NO SELF PROMOTION ”. You know, it’s a little bit strange cause staff of Envato Team always promote collaboration between authors of all categories: Audiojungle with Themeforest or Video Hive. So what you think about?

7576 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

you can create a thread asking for collaboration but you are not allowed to post links to the items that you have on the marketplace or outside the marketplace.

from the forum rules

A Note on Self Promotion Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.

example of collaboration thread, note no links to files had been posted (at the time I write this comment)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/i-need-to-make-my-psd-to-html-need-a-coder-/68368

this doesn’t mean you can never post links, if you need help with something regarding your work you can use the “Item Discussion” section

708 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Yes, I see, but you know, especially with music, there not always need to make collaboration, while with movies or themplates you need sound and music

by
by
by
by
by
by