540 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
NoizMan says

Hi,

It is really a beautiful track. May I ask how do we check the number of listenings.

Good luck with the sales ;)

615 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
FlossieWood says

Oh thanks!

You can check by going to settings scroll to API. Then go to Dashboard and go to analytics put in user name and api key and away you go! x

540 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
NoizMan says

Thank you very much :)

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Hey Flossie, there are a lot of great elements in that track, with a nice catchy melody. However there are three main things that stick out to me:

1) The piano playing is very “flat”. There’s no dynamic too it, and it feels very quantized and “MIDI”. Try working with the performance to make it feel a bit more human and natural.

2) The whistling has an odd warble to it toward the middle-end of the phrase, that clearly sticks out as artificial. Whistling is all about a natural style, so I’d say this is a big turn off. To be honest I’m surprised this bit passed review—to me it sounds like a mistake. Pull out a mic and put your lips together!

3) While the vocals are nice and a perk to some, many buyers don’t like that sort of thing or simply need pure instrumentals. Whenever you have vocal elements in a song, consider uploading a non-vocal version as well. More options will attract more buyers.

Hope this helps you bring out the potential in your song! It’s definitely there.

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
Fernandestelecaster says

Hi everyone,

Why is this tracks getting lots of listens but not purchases

http://audiojungle.net/item/yes-im-happy/3882283

strumming uke/mandolin – check

whistle – check

vamping piano – check

silly sound effect at the end – check

percussion – check

And to top it all female vocals!!!! Check Bloody check

Where’s my sales!!!!!!!

Erm… thanks if you listen and feedback! x

There is only one explanation why people would listen but not buy. The song SUUUCKSS, so people leave your page regreting the waste of time. Ok, kidding. I did see other authors in different threads saying that they had small sales on tracks they liked verry much and thought that are really good, and had many sales on songs that they liked less and thought that are less good. Other authors listened to the songs in their portofolio and agreed that some tracks are underappreciated and should be bought more often. I think you just have to be patient and keep uploading.

615 posts
+3 more
FlossieWood says

Hey Flossie, there are a lot of great elements in that track, with a nice catchy melody. However there are three main things that stick out to me:

1) The piano playing is very “flat”. There’s no dynamic too it, and it feels very quantized and “MIDI”. Try working with the performance to make it feel a bit more human and natural.

2) The whistling has an odd warble to it toward the middle-end of the phrase, that clearly sticks out as artificial. Whistling is all about a natural style, so I’d say this is a big turn off. To be honest I’m surprised this bit passed review—to me it sounds like a mistake. Pull out a mic and put your lips together!

3) While the vocals are nice and a perk to some, many buyers don’t like that sort of thing or simply need pure instrumentals. Whenever you have vocal elements in a song, consider uploading a non-vocal version as well. More options will attract more buyers.

Hope this helps you bring out the potential in your song! It’s definitely there.

-That vamping piano style is quite difficult to add expression to – I probably did quantize it though!!!! -Whistling is not my strongest skill musically, I must practice! (I’m quite proud of that particular whistle though!) -It is an excellent idea to offer a different version thanks

Thanks for the help!

615 posts
+3 more
FlossieWood says

Hi everyone,

Why is this tracks getting lots of listens but not purchases

http://audiojungle.net/item/yes-im-happy/3882283

strumming uke/mandolin – check

whistle – check

vamping piano – check

silly sound effect at the end – check

percussion – check

And to top it all female vocals!!!! Check Bloody check

Where’s my sales!!!!!!!

Erm… thanks if you listen and feedback! x
There is only one explanation why people would listen but not buy. The song SUUUCKSS, so people leave your page regreting the waste of time. Ok, kidding. I did see other authors in different threads saying that they had small sales on tracks they liked verry much and thought that are really good, and had many sales on songs that they liked less and thought that are less good. Other authors listened to the songs in their portofolio and agreed that some tracks are underappreciated and should be bought more often. I think you just have to be patient and keep uploading.

Yup definitely need to upload more frequently! I just thought that particular track was pretty much what people are buying at the moment so was surprised at 0 sales!

Perhaps the song does suck…..! <hangs head in major crisis of confidence>

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

-That vamping piano style is quite difficult to add expression to – I probably did quantize it though!!!! -Whistling is not my strongest skill musically, I must practice! (I’m quite proud of that particular whistle though!)

Sure, it takes some extra effort. But right now it sounds as if the velocity and quantization of each note is identical—no human plays like that. You could get a lot more mileage out of the vamp by varying the velocity and timing of each chord and note. Here’s a similar style piano tune that came out yesterday that does it more effectively, and already has 2 sales: http://audiojungle.net/item/happy-piano-commercial/4073613

It’s a great melody, but the whistling warble is honestly bizarre. Are you autotuning it or something? Whatever is happening between the 4th and 5th notes does not sound like a human whistling.

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Italy
Marcozannone says

It’s really nice and catchy, but to me the whistle sounds a bit weird… it may just be me though :)

by
by
by
by
by
by