• Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

I’m really getting tired of this troll…

I was just about to write something towards Chenjesu about that. Chenjesu, while I’m still rather new here, I’ve read several of your forum-posts now by which I was wondering: “Why so negative?” I believe the staff has already explained to you at least once in another thread (and I believe it was ADG3Studios who’s been helpful here again for you), that a mature, friendly, understanding attitude goes a long way. We’re all happy to help eachother here, but time after time this judging negative tone like it’s all a load of crap is not very cool. I’m sorry. Sure, not everything is perfect around here, but where is. The thing is: there are many, many people hard at work to make everything better and better. That doesn’t go in one-day. Even the slightest change has to be overthought from like a gazillion aspects/viewpoints before implementing it. May I suggest you think about this, and maybe think by yourself the next time: “I have a problem, let’s search the forums who else had this problem. Hm noone, I must be the only one then. Maybe if I ask nicely someone will be nice enough to help me.”

All this put aside, these linefeeds just work perfectly well. I’m coming from the world of software development, and I can tell you that there are many, many text encodings/standards for control characters like linefeeds. Different input devices might generate codes for a different standard. Different operating systems can handle codes different than other operating systems. (And….. etc.) If you think that implementing a seemingly simple thing like linefeeds to work on all the devices that are out there in the year 2013, is so straightforward then you are very wrong. Envato has done this in a good way. Yes, sure, sometimes it does mess up (various text input controls seem to behave different in certain situations), but in the end it simply works. You have soft-return, hard-return, you have HTML-tags, etc. etc.

Now please, I’m sorry but do think about your behaviour in an online community where obviously everyone is trying to make the best of it. Even if maybe sometimes something goes wrong, then that’s just that – something went wrong. It happens. People talk about it in a nice, mature way, and it’ll get fixed. Sometimes they even bring Chuck Norris in.

491 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SiliconWorldAD says

I’m really getting tired of this troll…
I was just about to write something towards Chenjesu about that. Chenjesu, while I’m still rather new here, I’ve read several of your forum-posts now by which I was wondering: “Why so negative?” I believe the staff has already explained to you at least once in another thread (and I believe it was ADG3Studios who’s been helpful here again for you), that a mature, friendly, understanding attitude goes a long way. We’re all happy to help eachother here, but time after time this judging negative tone like it’s all a load of crap is not very cool. I’m sorry. Sure, not everything is perfect around here, but where is. The thing is: there are many, many people hard at work to make everything better and better. That doesn’t go in one-day. Even the slightest change has to be overthought from like a gazillion aspects/viewpoints before implementing it. May I suggest you think about this, and maybe think by yourself the next time: “I have a problem, let’s search the forums who else had this problem. Hm noone, I must be the only one then. Maybe if I ask nicely someone will be nice enough to help me.”

All this put aside, these linefeeds just work perfectly well. I’m coming from the world of software development, and I can tell you that there are many, many text encodings/standards for control characters like linefeeds. Different input devices might generate codes for a different standard. Different operating systems can handle codes different than other operating systems. (And….. etc.) If you think that implementing a seemingly simple thing like linefeeds to work on all the devices that are out there in the year 2013, is so straightforward then you are very wrong. Envato has done this in a good way. Yes, sure, sometimes it does mess up (various text input controls seem to behave different in certain situations), but in the end it simply works. You have soft-return, hard-return, you have HTML-tags, etc. etc.

Now please, I’m sorry but do think about your behaviour in an online community where obviously everyone is trying to make the best of it. Even if maybe sometimes something goes wrong, then that’s just that – something went wrong. It happens. People talk about it in a nice, mature way, and it’ll get fixed. Sometimes they even bring Chuck Norris in.

This isn’t the first account I have here, I got real annoyed with the graphics one because of similar issues with this one, lack of certain specifications I didn’t completely understand, and then they rejected all the stuff I thought was good and accepted all the stuff I thought was crap. On top of that, it doesn’t matter who or why someone’s negative, it’s anyone’s choice to be condescending and asinine and that never helps a situation. Personally I don’t care if someone is frustrated or w/e or if they lash out, I will give advice if it seems like they’re asking for it and if they don’t want it, fine with me, I’ll go back to making sounds. On the other hand, some people just like picking fights. Then, on top of everything, they are wasting their time and my time with posts trying to insult me when there’s people who actually need help or feedback with topics that have literally 0 responses.

5186 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Yeah I’m going to lock this one down. Please don’t continue to attack the staff, authors, or files on the site as it’s very much against our forum rules and could result in your forum posting privileges being suspended.

by
by
by
by
by
by