709 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Well, they just rejected a new song saying “Nice ideas here….etc”. I don’t agree about this because it’s not totally a “bad work”. They could “softly reject” it so I could repair, while now, I can’t :bigevilgrin:

854 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Hi Luke! It seems to be a trend as we are starting out to let everyone know on the forums that we had a song that we were proud of that got rejected (I know I did!). ;) But then I was pointed in the same way I’m going to point you. I wrote to support and got a more detailed explanation, the type of explanation that no one can give on a forum thread since we are not those reviewers. I suggest taking your questions there. It works!

http://support.envato.com/

Good luck and keep at it! Phil

709 posts
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Thank you Phil for that link. I know that a lot of authors are writing about their rejections, but you know, it never happens to me that a “good idea” song was totally rejected…

724 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
FxProSound says

Luka – Phil says truth. You’ll receive an explanation with full details. I wrote once and I need no more explanations, what does not mean that I have always the same opinion as reviewers. Anyway they also have different taste and something what is accepted by one person, won’t pass another guy’s inspection. Don’t feel angry and rearrange it into great hit!

674 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

I don’t understand why some of my sounds get rejected. They sound good to me. You just gotta roll with it. Try finding another use for all your rejected items, like I do. :)

782 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

For example, I have always sought to have the item taken, I do not have tracks that I removed from the fact that he was not accepted. I think you should not be nervous, as a rule – the inspector turns out to be right! Good Luck!

709 posts
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

Yeah Blinn, that’s exactly what I think about this last song, I really like it and I was looking forward to seeing in my portfolio….And, most of all, I don’t notice any “mistake”..

261 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Ukraine
+3 more
khursey says

Hey guys! If your track sounds good for you or your friend – it’s not the same if it sounds good for buyer, reviewer or another authors. You’ll better learn something from these “explanations of rejections” and don’t do the same mistakes next time. If reviewer says “NOT” – it means “NOT” ;) Just accept it and bring your tracks to a new higher level.

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ArtMusic4life says

I also wrote several times to support .. I think it’s a waste of time and nerves. Sometimes the explanation of the reasons for refusal reached the point of absurdity. It is better to focus on new ideas…

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
reubenchng says

I just always change them. Once I got soft rejected because a ride cymbal pattern in my song was translated into white noise for them. But take the feedback generously and change. 8-)

by
by
by
by
by
by