391 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Revturkey says

I keep seeing posts with people complaining that the new search engine is bad and is damaging their sales. I thought I would just balance that and say that my sales have improved in the past month.

SemblanceProduction
SemblanceProduction Recent Posts Threads Started
632 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
SemblanceProduction says

Glad to hear that! I must admit my sales have gone up during the past month also, but i don’t if that’s because of me constantly uploading or the new search engine.

391 posts
+2 more
Revturkey says

It could be that I would have done even better under the old search engine but I haven’t uploaded anything new since the middle of August. My sales were dipping a touch and then picked up a good deal when the new engine came into play. I probably just cursed myself to zero sales for the next months lol :D

1420 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
UJ-pro says

:-( I feel sick.

Just typed the usual word “motivational” to have a look where I will find my fitting items.

I have 9 “motivational” tracks in the genre “Motivational” each taking the keywords “motivation” and “motivational”. One pack of these items also takes the word “motivational” in the name.

I went through 30 pages / 900 items and couldn’t make out a single track of my portfolio whereas other Authors having “a lot” of their tracks shown under this keyword. :O Just try it.

I think I still don’t understand how these engine works.

Where is the chance for me and many others for sure? :-(

416 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
illuminations says

Hey UJ I’m pretty sure the new search system heavily heavily favors new items and particularly the ones that get a few sales right off the bat. So basically the more sales you get on a track and the longer it will try to hang on to good placements in search results. I had a track released about a week ago that has done pretty well so far with 14 sales and it is doing pretty good in search results but it is already starting to slip from the top spots in a lot of searches.

“Motivational” is probably one of the top 3 tags used on here so basically there are probably 100,000 tracks or so with a tag of motivational. I recently had a track released on October 29th this year that has a tag of “motivational” on it and I did a search for “motivational” and sorted by date. I had to go back 851 tracks deep to find that song!!! So basically with such a generic search you probably will be hard pressed to come up. However if you do Motivational with another related term to your tracks you will probably find a lot more success in the search results. For example my track I mentioned that has had a great start can’t really be found my putting just “motivational” but if I put “motivational rock” in the search I come up #7 in the list.

I think this new search system still needs A LOT of work to not only be fair to us authors but also to be relevant for the customers. Hopefully over time envato will really make it good but for now just keep your tags up to date with relevant search terms to your music and hopefully the customers will find them.

:-( I feel sick.

Just typed the usual word “motivational” to have a look where I will find my fitting items.

I have 9 “motivational” tracks in the genre “Motivational” each taking the keywords “motivation” and “motivational”. One pack of these items also takes the word “motivational” in the name.

I went through 30 pages / 900 items and couldn’t make out a single track of my portfolio whereas other Authors having “a lot” of their tracks shown under this keyword. :O Just try it.

I think I still don’t understand how these engine works.

Where is the chance for me and many others for sure? :-(
391 posts
+2 more
Revturkey says

Seems I just had a lucky week maybe with all the strange things I hear. That is weird UJ :(

1199 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Gae47 says

Seems I just had a lucky week maybe with all the strange things I hear. That is weird UJ :(

Well apparently the search engine only went fully live on the 28th October so I don’t think last month can really be counted.

For all of October I had my best month so far…21 sales. In the first 9 days of November I have had exactly 0 sales! I’m hoping that it’s just a temporary lull but personally, after all my hard work this year, I’m very concerned that the new search engine is practically making me invisible!! :(

Sorry for the whinge, but this has come as an unexpected turn around to the moderately successful progress that I was making. No doubt, many others feel the same way. Still, let’s wait and see how things develop over the next couple of months.

Must stay positive! :)

955 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
JBlanks says

I must confess that despite initially cursing the new search engine, my sales have improved this month also.

Udo – motivational is a search tag I used also to find my tracks and came up with only 1. I think given this is a category unto itself, buyers are probably finding our music with other search terms.

How have your sales been this month compared to previous? Hopefully you are seeing more sales than before.

Glad to hear you’re doing well at the moment Steve. Let’s all hope this continues into 2014 for us all.

85 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FLProductions says

I love this search engine! Definitely work for me… Makes me visible… Just put pop rock and there is one of my tracks… Or search for delay guitar and there is my track… Ohh I love it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by