• Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Hy guys!

So I’m almost done with my new portfolio website, weeee! I wanted to ask You to spend couple of minutes on my new site and post a comment or two and maybe rate a design if You like it. It’s still Beta so before I go live I would love to have some designs commented and rated. (hope this isn’t much I’m asking, thinking)

So the site was coded by Iacob Ionut, actually I won his CSS gallery theme last Christmas and I made a complete makeover. Thanks Iacob, saved me a lot of time ;) The final modifications were done by my WP guru aesqe. The design is all mine of course.

Anyway, again, if You have few minutes to post a comment or two or rate a design, would be wonderful :) Thank You.

Oh, where’s the link? HERE IT IS

Note: keep in mind that this is still beta so something might not look how it should be so….don’t bother that ;)

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Hmm.. I like :D
It’s nice you’ve redone the gallery theme (really nice infact) however it comes some downsides:
I can’t lose that gallery feeling, which doesn’t really make me thing it’s a portfolio (especially because I can rate stuff)
I’d remove the the rating system, it’s nice and all, but I don’t see the point of rating things in a portfolio (and it gives me that gallery feel).

But apart from those 2 points, I’ve got to say it’s an awesome theme for a portfolio, and I really like it.

86 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Denmark
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Bad_cop says

Some color difference on the background of the text in the header needs to be fixed (atleast in safari 4), and you might consider adding the .stop function to the jQuery code (Fade in/out effect) to remove the “disco” bug. Just my 2 cents.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
and you might consider adding the .stop function to the jQuery code (Fade in/out effect) to remove the “disco” bug

Yeah beta thing, I know, thanks.

93 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
Alexhughes says

I really like it. I kinda agree with what Dan says on the gallery side of things. But also think the two have allot of similarities – a portfolio and a gallery, as i’ve seen on some websites instead of stating Portfolio – A Gallery of my work.

Also like Dan, not sure on the rating system, but I guess it would be nice to find out what your potential clients think of your completed work. So could work!

But overall, I’d buy it.

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

Daan please :)

I forgot to mention the footer image, it is awesome :D
@alex, I don’t think it’s going to be up for sale :)

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

Nice design and seems really fresh but I don’t dig that font in the header or footer…actually it’s quite blurry.

698 posts
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says
Nice design and seems really fresh but I don’t dig that font in the header or footer…actually it’s quite blurry.

It’s the clouds that make them blurry, hahaha :D

698 posts
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Just a note, I’m out of BETA now officially. You can check the site here. I still have some things to fix but it’s good to go.

Some on page comments appreciated. Thanks.

segen.

by
by
by
by
by
by