2061 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

To be honest, I don’t like it – it’s giving you information you could have seen otherwise, besides the image. On the listing pages, it presents nothing new, just extra clutter in my opinion.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
landonw said
To be honest, I don’t like it – it’s giving you information you could have seen otherwise, besides the image. On the listing pages, it presents nothing new, just extra clutter in my opinion.

I gotcha, but I think the whole point is to allow buyers to quickly view the price/author of an item and thumbnails without having to click through to each one :) Personally, I think it looks great, especially for marketplaces like AudioJungle and ActiveDen etc

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says
Jason said
aaranmcguire said
also..

Why do some of them look like this..

they look ok on the item page.
As we don’t store the width and height of preview images (except on PhotoDune) for items that don’t have a standard preview size we can’t size the window correctly, it’s was like this before this update but I guess it’s just more noticeable now, but to get around it all the author has to do is update their preview image to 590px by 590px (or greater with the height) and it’ll look a 1000 times better.

that cant be right… i looked at one of the images that look wrong its 590×300 (http://1.s3.envato.com/files/5301536/general_view_590x300.jpg) and a image that looks correct (thats 590×300)... (http://2.s3.envato.com/files/5369136/preview.jpg)

so that just cant be right… and plus is 590px by 590px not allowed?

2061 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Landonw says
CreatingDrew said
landonw said
I gotcha, but I think the whole point is to allow buyers to quickly view the price/author of an item and thumbnails without having to click through to each one :) Personally, I think it looks great, especially for marketplaces like AudioJungle and ActiveDen etc

Do I have super eyes or does it already display that information right next to the thumbnail?

149 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Jason says
aaranmcguire said
Jason said
aaranmcguire said
also..

Why do some of them look like this..

they look ok on the item page.
As we don’t store the width and height of preview images (except on PhotoDune) for items that don’t have a standard preview size we can’t size the window correctly, it’s was like this before this update but I guess it’s just more noticeable now, but to get around it all the author has to do is update their preview image to 590px by 590px (or greater with the height) and it’ll look a 1000 times better.

that cant be right… i looked at one of the images that look wrong its 590×300 (http://1.s3.envato.com/files/5301536/general_view_590x300.jpg) and a image that looks correct (thats 590×300)... (http://2.s3.envato.com/files/5369136/preview.jpg)

so that just cant be right… and plus is 590px by 590px not allowed?

You can upload bigger than 590 by 300, but I just spoke to the devs and as the App category is it’s own item type we’ll update the preview to use the same style as Themeforest. So no need to update your previews on codecanyon, so sorry about the confusion :)

But the 590 by 590 fix still applies to items on the graphicriver and the tutorials marketplace, in most cases all those previews are fine as most authors have tall previews.

973 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

You can upload bigger than 590 by 300, but I just spoke to the devs and as the App category is it’s own item type we’ll update the preview to use the same style as Themeforest. So no need to update your previews on codecanyon, so sorry about the confusion :)

But the 590 by 590 fix still applies to items on the graphicriver and the tutorials marketplace, in most cases all those previews are fine as most authors have tall previews.

Ok, thanks… im having some problems in the follow section with the box going over the thumbnail meaning when you move the mouse it flickers like hell..

other thank that i love it… it could have rating on it as well but its still awesome. :D

149 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Jason says
landonw said
CreatingDrew said
landonw said
Do I have super eyes or does it already display that information right next to the thumbnail?

Before the update over 50% of the thumbnails on the site didn’t have the information right next to the thumbnail (all homepage thumbs, similar items, more by this author, grid view on browse just to name a few), so it really depended on how you browsed the site to whether or not you had all the info at you fingertips.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
landonw said
CreatingDrew said
landonw said

The homepage has 50+ thumbnails without details or a lot more depending on how many people you follow. This is where the mouseovers really help.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, glad to see almost all of it is positive! :)

claythecinemaguy
claythecinemaguy Recent Posts Threads Started
116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
claythecinemaguy says

I really like the new mouse overs. like for Audio Jungle. it’s more easier and faster to see who wrote it and such then clicking it. :)

820 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Flinzar says

It would be really great if you guys also added how many sales the item has in that preview..

by
by
by
by
by
by