33 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
whoathemes says

We already understood that. But how remains with this difference between the old and new items which have the plugins integrated. The old ones will have more more sales and the new ones don’t. This is my point of view… There should be no difference between the old and new items. The buyers of these kind of items should buy themselves the licence. Not only the buyers of the new items. That’s not fair… Thanks

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
StellaNoteAudio says

Music licensing on AJ can be improved I think: advertising usage price on AJ is significantly under the value compared to the standard music advertising licensing world. This made us opt out of Extended Licenses on AudioJungle. Hopefully that will change :) Thanks for the updates.

365 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

My questions is: When will be license that allows me to purchase plugin form CC and use it my TF item?

274 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
pebas says

^ Mate you can use it, all is clear just check table:

http://themeforest.net/licenses

Extended – Use in an end product that’s sold (more than one end user allowed)

Not sure why so many posts about this and confusion. :)

Also I like Photo Dune Licenses, Regular and Extended, also great explanation about Tool License. I think this is a step forward for Envato and all of us on TF.

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

My questions is: When will be license that allows me to purchase plugin form CC and use it my TF item?

+1

Changes are mostly good, but you forgot that if you remove a used feature with no alternative then people will be unhappy about it. Please get it back soon, for example as that use-in-stock license that Lance mentioned.

271 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

^ Mate you can use it, all is clear just check table: http://themeforest.net/licenses

Also I like Photo Dune Licenses, Regular and Extended, also great explanation about Tool License. I think this is a step forward for Envato and all of us.

You can’t. Read posts before. ;)

3561 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

^ Mate you can use it, all is clear just check table: http://themeforest.net/licenses Not sure why so many posts about this and confusion. :)

It’s not! :D

Can’t you read the staff posts in here? That check table must be wrong, because Lance confirmed that you are no longer allowed to buy a plugin and incorporate it in a theme.

365 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

^ Mate you can use it, all is clear just check table: http://themeforest.net/licenses

Extended – Use in an end product that’s sold (more than one end user allowed)

Also I like Photo Dune Licenses, Regular and Extended, also great explanation about Tool License. I think this is a step forward for Envato and all of us.

It’s not true

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

No, you can’t use it in stock items for sale. That table mentions only unreadable source use, like DVD movie distribution for example.

edit: lol, 4 people in 1 minute, license police :P

1312 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
LGLab says

Until there is an “in-stock” license, this is probably bad news for CC authors selling items used in TF themes/Template. While I would agree the current EL is way too cheap for in-stock usage, It would be way too impractical to start partnerships with plugin authors if you use several plugins in several templates. If I understand correctly, Lance said that as an exclusive author you cannot selll an item other than on envato, so a “partnership” cannot involve a fixed price right? So that leaves us with the % option, which again I’m not against in terms of rewarding the plugin author, but would be way too impractical to implement with several plugins on several templates.

by
by
by
by
by
by